My First Car -- P15 1947 Plymouth Deluxe

NickPickToo
Go to solution Solved by kbuhagiar,

33 minutes ago, Dryerventwizard said:

I want to see how u do it. My rockers are being made. I have to cut my old ones out and put new ones when they get here.

See pages 4 through 7 in the 42-49 First Edition Plymouth on linked page.

http://theplymouthdoctor.com/

Edited by NickPickToo

11 minutes ago, Dryerventwizard said:

Nice I can't wait to see how it looks when welded in. What kind of welder are u welding it in with. I just found me a high performance 360 and 727 transmission today for my 1940 hit rod.

Uses a hobart with shielding gas.  Keeping mine most original.  The 230 flat head that came with is not original to the car but close enough and sounds ridiculous.  Did some old school hot rod mods you can see details further back in the thread.  Plan to learn how to drive the three on the tree first then someday would like to put in a T5 and modified rear end.  Other than that I cant bring myself to let the old flat head go in this.  Dad, my older brother and I are already talking about an all electric retrofit on something else someday.

We hung the front rockers today and removed the temporary brackets inside the cab.  Seems to be lined up well.

Haven't tacked in the sill plates yet but below is a pic with one setting in place.  Starting to look like something. 

IMG_0817[793].jpg

IMG_0818[794].jpg

Okay, I'm bragging a little.  Nicholas ran a cross country race today and then came home and finished up the rockers.  Down stairs Practicing trombone right now.    Same drill last week too.  He may have most of the heavy body work done this weekend.  Only has the Quarter panels and some finder weld patching to go.  Frank, I'm just about ready to give him his due now....  

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

• Like 4

Getting time to start work outs to build up your arms and upper body to turn that steer wheel!  ?

Getting close for the first drive with body on.

Soon!  ?

DJ

19 hours ago, NickPickToo said:

Well,this is my first post here since the freaking doctors go hold of me back in 2018.

Did I miss anything?

12 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Well,this is my first post here since the freaking doctors go hold of me back in 2018.

Did I miss anything?

Not much,  Still slugging it out with my hobart.  Your back in time to see my right 1/4 panel go in.  About to post a step by step in the technical archives

IMG_0847.jpg

5 minutes ago, NickPickToo said:

Not much,  Still slugging it out with my hobart.  Your back in time to see my right 1/4 panel go in.  About to post a step by step in the technical archives

IMG_0847.jpg

Cool! Since my brain was fried with chemo and about the size of a raisin now,I might be asking you questions.

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

w00t w00t ... good to see ya brother, you had us worried!    :)

Thanks,had me a little worried once the doctors got hold of me. They eventually hit me up with enough chemo to fry my brain,so I don't worry about a whole lot anymore.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, NickPickToo said:

Welcome back.  I can only imagine.  My mom battled with Leukemia when I was 9-10.   

14 minutes ago, NickPickToo said:

I hope imagining is all you ever have to do. It's ugly,and that is the best thing I can say for it. I can remember stuff fine from years ago,but can't remember if I ate breakfast or took my meds.

My plan now is to take my cars/trucks to local pro shops to have the work done to my specifications ,and my satisfaction. Sell one and use that money to finance the redo of others to make sure NOTHING gets scrapped.

Have my 37 Dodge 1 ton 4x4 at a pro shop now for a total redo. Drove and enjoyed it for 3 or 4 years with the body on a 72 F-250 4X4 chassis with a modified 390 and 4 speed truck trans,and it was a real hoot to drive. Then somebody stole the windshield frame from it while it was parked in the yard,and it sat for a couple of years while I looked for a replacement.

Had no idea the frame was almost rusted in half when I took it to the shop,so it is going back together with a 79 Dodge half-ton 4x4 chassis and Mopar crate 318 and auto overdive,power steering,and power brakes.

Patch panels are being welded in this week.

When it's done,it's going to get painted that bright lime green you see on new jeeps.

Then I am going to drive it around with a for sale sign in the rear window while a friend does a complete redo on my P-15 coupe and the other guy repaints my dead stock 31 Plymouth coupe and puts brakes on it.

Sell the 31 Plymouth coupe,and use that money to fix and sell something else,and repeat until either it or I am done.

Going to keep my 42 Dodge business coupe as a project for ME,though. Doesn't matter if I get to finish and drive it or not,as long as I can go out to the shop occasionally and do something. I HAVE to have something to work on

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Los_Control said:

w00t w00t ... good to see ya brother, you had us worried!    :)

Thanks. I am very happy to be back,too!

39 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

I hope imagining is all you ever have to do. It's ugly,and that is the best thing I can say for it. I can remember stuff fine from years ago,but can't remember if I ate breakfast or took my meds.

I never gone through this myself. I had a good friend who went through chemo, after a year battle it appeared he had won and was cancer free, 6 months later came back and started 2nd round of chemo ... it was just to much for him and he gave up.

I did go through a round of Dr's myself for 3+ years, the drugs they had me on really messed up my memory. 1.5  years after I stopped taking their drugs, I could not remember my own phone # or address. I went to a psychiatrist thinking I might have early stages of dementia. Just took time and the mind does recover.

My project is just as much therapy for me as it is anything else. Physical & mental exercise.

You sound sharp, you have a good plan in place. And thinking ahead. I think you will be fine.