Bad Reproduction Fender Stone Guards on Ebay

linus6948

The one thing I found out about gravel guards is that the factory one had a rolled edge on them and the after markets had a straight edge that went again the fender

also one side was very easy to find for the factory made ones.  I believe the left side is the hard one to find.  That's why I bought an aftermarket one and then realized how crappy they were and then took almost a year to find an OEM one that I paid high dollar for.  I didn't drill the fender to install them either.  With the rolled edge on the OEM gravel guards I used two face 3M molding tape. I also did the stainless belt moldings with two face tape.  Couldn't bring myself to drill holes in the body..

Jiffyjet/Mike W.,...I was just curious who covered the shipping costs to send that 1st scratched tank that got replaced back to the vendor,...thxs

Steve

Edited by 3046moparcoupe

One thing about this seller ... he comes up with some super rare parts.

His prices are not firm either.

Every seller/ buyer transaction could have an issue

Don't be scared be wise.. ask plenty of questions before you buy. Buy smart.

• Like 1

I have ordered from VAP numerous times throughout the past years and I've been satisfied every single time. I've also been to their shop in person as I personally live minutes away from them and every single time I've gone Mike has always helped me pick out parts for my cars. I saw the stone guards in person and they looked fantastic, the original poster is way off. 

- David Linares

It all comes down to caveat emptor, did you touch it before you bought it? If not and not satisfied and not as described  use the intermediary's resolution process.  Put up your feedback. The buyer needs one hundred eyes,the seller but one.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, greg g said:

It all comes down to caveat emptor, did you touch it before you bought it? If not and not satisfied and not as described  use the intermediary's resolution process.  Put up your feedback. The buyer needs one hundred eyes,the seller but one.  

Thanks Greg, your comment sums up my experience very astutely, you are wise beyond your years. I usually steer away from ebay vendors that state "No Returns Accepted" but this time I did not and lived to regret the experience. My comments were about my buying experience and nothing more, if this vendor has been good for other members I am very happy for them, if he stocks "beautiful" stoneguards and other quality NOS parts and repops that`s terrific. My comments reflect my single buying experience with this vendor and what he shipped me was unacceptable and unusable even for a "Ratrod". My money was finally refunded and the sub-par repops are back where they started from in case anyone else wants them for their car.

Linus6948:  So was Mikes reply that he would not make good onthe parts.  Since he is a forum member i woud have thought that he would have been more accomadating becasue if the parts are as bad as you say he should have asked for the pictures of them and if his other guards were better as he states then he should have reshipped a new set to you.  Sorry for the bad experience but the bad taste makes everyone else Leary  to deal with hom.

Most quality vendors will fix the issue.  As you know I sell automotive catalog, One of our forum member purchase a lot of them from me and the other day he wrote to me stating that for some unknown reason some of the files got corrupted.  I resent him the files that went bad and he paid me for my postage.  When someone purcashes from you, and your item goes bad them you have to make good.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com 

• Like 2

I have bought and sold many things on Ebay over the years. Some good experiences and some not. I myself like being able to hold things in my hands and look at them from different angles before money leaves my pocket. Unfortunately when looking for older or more rare parts that isn't always possible and usually peoples opinions on condition vary greatly. I wouldn't have been happy with those shields either.   

Edited by YukonJack