my first project car at 16

Seth g 1947

13 minutes ago, NickPickToo said:

Hi Seth,

Starting a project too (age 15).  Similar car 1947 Deluxe Coupe.  Picture posted to my profile.  Will follow you as we will have similar questions.  Dad (really Mom) is controlling the budget so I will be looking for a lot of advice.  Plan a full frame off restore and upgrade to make it safe and drivable - using it as primary when I'm 16 and can drive.  I wont be able to afford a custom frame so it will remain mostly original.  Has a flathead 6 but not sure original -- runs great and has a three on the tree.

Good to see the young ones joining in. Welcome and have fun.

I didn't see a picture on your profile page but you can add one anytime.

Glad to see you getting involved in this old Plymouth.  First car I owned was the one in my avatar.  1947 P-15.  I'll have to admit mine was in a little better condition!  And a little newer!  That was in 1959.  But, hang in there, and don't pay a lot of attention to the old duffers who tell you you're not doing it right.  I imagine they made a few mistakes when they were 16 too.  That's the way you learn.  If you need parts or resources, let us know.  Maybe we can point you in the right direction.

On the other hand, the "old duffers" here are probably your best and quickest resource for information and education.  I doubt there's any better place for learning about your car.  It's the best forum out there in my opinion of you need to know how to do it or where to find it.

Edited by 46Ply