I have a space problem repairing my B Pillar

Dodgefran

I would like to ask all of you what cut off tool (electric, I don't have access to a big compressor for air tools) can I use to fit in this small area to cut the inside two sides of my B pillar.

I plan on rebuilding this by patching on the inside two sides. The rest has strong metal left to weld to. I plan to cut about 4" up. My problem is, 1.) I don't have experience, and 2.) my 4" cutoff wheel may be too big. I definitely need help, and am open to suggestions. Thanks ahead of time. 

dOOR B PILLAR 2 1938.JPG

I'd consider using a Dremel tool for that.  And a bunch of cut-off wheels.  The cut-off wheels are only about 2 inches in diameter, and you'd likely go thru quite a few to cut that off, but worth considering.  Good luck!

the bad part of the electric right angle grinder is the lower speed which is hard on cutting disc coupled with the larger head for the gearing that will limit your access to cut tight areas.  I found that if you were to mark the metal with a line, I like paint pen...then just score the line with the grinder and use a sawsall and good bi-metal blade...you can cut easily as the blade will walk in that score line nicely giving you some very nice cuts. 

• Like 1