13oz coffee can vs Carter B&B

48ply1stcar

Just to prove that a flathead will run with a 13 oz coffee instead of a Carter B&B. 

When I disassembled my carb, The larger ball in the wrong hole and stuck, the small ball was missing. When I found that I was thrilled that I had found why my car stumbles at higher RPM.  

I was sure that must have been my problem.

Fixing that made NO difference in the way the car ran.

I once started and kept it idling my '65 poly 318 with no carb and an oiling can filled with gasoline. My arm wasn't long enough to keep it running while driving though, LOL.

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2018 at 2:16 PM, Silverdome said:

I once started and kept it idling my '65 poly 318 with no carb and an oiling can filled with gasoline. My arm wasn't long enough to keep it running while driving though, LOL.

But watch out if it back fires.....  (You're toast.)  Oh, wait, you weren't dribbling the gas in out of an open can.  Misread it at first.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:16 AM, Silverdome said:

I guess as long as you don't use a plastic gas can....

@Eneto-55, One thing about that old car it was a dependable starter and it never backfired.

@thebeebe5, It was a metal squirt can and I was very careful not to get any outside of the intake holes on the manifold plus not hang my head over the opening just in case of the aforementioned back fire.