Inexpensive disc brake pads,

pflaming

I truly can see you doing this, tell me, how many miles you get between pad changes.....?

However, brake pads can range from economical to off the wall high...in some of the sport cars I have the higher the cost to less usage one will get but the brakes will stand you on your ears...locally the economy front pads were 35.00, rock auto with brand name I got two sets of fronts and two sets of rears, yes enough to do two cars for what they were asking for just the fronts...you do have to shop, the oak wood, not recommended...sad part is they are all front pads....you have to drill one hole larger for rear application..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I saw this on another forum. The sad thing is, it works. Never ever see this type of thing anymore but wooden brake linings were once common. Won't last long, but if your in a remote corner of the universe on a sunday, this type of thing will get you home

Myself, I just use cheap semi metallic pads

I try to use the mid line pads....reasoning...something has to wear if breaking to be effective, I'd rather replace inexpensive pads than use the harder composition/metallic pads that will cut and wear your rotors...rotors on the average are a tad more money....

while out this afternoon the left rear caliper started dragging.....got very hot....let it cool a bit...rocked side to side to establish a clearance, used the trailer brakes to get to my destination hoping upon hope not to have to use the truck brakes.  Delivered the car, brought the truck home on the trailer for safety sake...I am not upset, 15 years is a healthy jaunt on the braking...

• Like 1