Name this car, maybe??

John Reddie

Can anyone name the car in this photo? I thought possibly a 1937 Nash Lafayette but I cannot find a photo of one from the rear. This car appears to be a 3 window coupe and features a half trunk lid. I checked GM coupes of that era but the gas filler was on the wrong side. Any info is good.

John R

shot 201.jpg

http://p15-d24.com/uploads/monthly_2018_05/1539750354_shot201.jpg.7a710b0477a144fe4a30eba2fd42f1de.jpg

note that the trunk lid appears to be  clam style similar to older station wagons. It may have been marketed as part utility / part family.  Ford coupe?  

IMG_3072.JPG

Edited by pflaming

2 hours ago, pflaming said:

http://p15-d24.com/uploads/monthly_2018_05/1539750354_shot201.jpg.7a710b0477a144fe4a30eba2fd42f1de.jpg

note that the trunk lid appears to be  clam style similar to older station wagons. It may have been marketed as part utility / part family.  Ford coupe?  

IMG_3072.JPG

Thanks for the responses. I considered Ford as well but the belt line on the Ford is different. The original photo has no line under the rear window. The tail light looks similar to the Nash but I don't see the gas fill in the same spot. I'm afraid that I am stumped right now.  Thanks again.

John R