Recommended repair/shop manuals

Using the search function, you get kinda overwhelmed w/choices for shop & repair manuals. What are the more popular repair manuals, especially for simple jobs, for the 1951 Dodge 1/2 ton pick-up? Thanks. 

Gotta watch the free shipping on books like this as it may take 3-4 weeks to get to you as they use a special book rate from the post office to ship and travels by wagon train by horses to move from them to you!  ?

DJ

On 5/14/2018 at 7:28 AM, The Oil Soup said:

I have this book for my ‘52 and it has been very helpful it is not all inclusive but most of the mechanicle issues I want to tackle are in there, but not everything for instance windshield wiper motor etc is not in this book.

I got a shop manual and parts manual for my 53 B4C from vintagemoparts.com in a PDF form.  This way I can print out the pages I need for a particular job and have them right there while I do the work. Nice to have these on the computer so the pages are always clean when I work with them. :)

4 minutes ago, tanda62 said:

I got a shop manual and parts manual for my 53 B4C from vintagemoparts.com in a PDF form.  This way I can print out the pages I need for a particular job and have them right there while I do the work. Nice to have these on the computer so the pages are always clean when I work with them. :)

Great idea.....I will steel it! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Older thread. If you like a hard copy of this repair manual Rock Auto offers it for just over $18 (After discount code) plus shipping. I had mine in 2 days.

• Like 1