1951 Plymouth/Dodge Gas Tank

RobertKB

I am thinking of getting a new gas tank for my 1951 Dodge D39 business coupe project. This is the Canadian Dodge based on a Plymouth, commonly called a Plodge. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this product and if it is an exact fit for our cars. It certainly looks the same as the original but I would appreciate any input regarding fit and quality. Any other tank sources anyone knows about would also be welcome. Thanks in advance. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-PLYMOUTH-BRAND-NEW-GAS-GASOLINE-FUEL-TANK/173135853177?hash=item284fb37679:g:6WoAAOSwVoFavo8I&vxp=mtr

I bought a new tank for my 51 Meadowbrook and it was an exact match.  Let me check my notes and see if I wrote down who I purchased it from...

Nice looking tank. I imagine the seller could tell you if it is the same for the Canadian models. Free shipping in the States you might want to consider shipping it to a border town and save over $100 Canadian in shipping.

Just now, 1949 Goat said:

Nice looking tank. I imagine the seller could tell you if it is the same for the Canadian models. Free shipping in the States you might want to consider shipping it to a border town and save over $100 Canadian in shipping.

You could try and compare part list numbers between the US and Canadian tanks.

I bought and installed this same tank...I posted some pics of the new and old.  Only complaint I have is he lowered the price just after I purchased mine for $249. The local radiator shop wanted $200 just to clean and seal the old one. So not a bad deal.  Btw...my old tank just has some very light surface rust on the inside and no pin holes...if anyone is interested.

Tanks are the same as US models.  Order one for a P22 and you will be OK.  Station Wagon tanks are different.

If anyone who has been here for a few years remembers Michael Warshaw, he is the owner of this company. If I remember correctly, he caused a lot of arguments with the members. Don't remember if he quit or was kicked out of the forum.

Mr Warshaw provided untold entertainment as far as I was concerned..............lol...........memories.............andyd

I did kind of wonder about him when I saw the location of the item. Wonder if he ever finished his Plymouth coupe? I have found another solution to my present tank problem so will hold off ordering a tank for the present. May do it later and it looks fairly legitimate no matter what happened in the past. If it is Michael, it looks like he has done OK with his business.