started on the 55 pontiac

casper50

10 hours ago, Todd B said:

Your car looks amazing!  I am sure it’s not the same mainly because I deal with salt in the winter’s. But I have purchased two different dump trailers with, as they quoted high-quality powder coat paint and after two winters they look like crap. Paint comes off in sheets. The last one I purchased I paid extra for I believe a zink primer and after one winter it looks great.  

I absolutely love the quality of work you have been doing on your Pontiac. 

That seems to be an intermittent problem with some production processes.  JD had a lot of issue with bad powder coat several years back.  My info sources said it was due to them not applying the powder immediately after the cleaning and prep.  The metal was getting contaminated between steps.  Once they fixed that, all was well. 

A small custom shop shouldn't experience that.  And, most are very careful with processes as their income and reputation is dependent on good results.

more so than paint, Powder is dependent on good prep

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been messing with getting the brake lines run, new MC and bleeding them.  Front caliper banjo bolts would not seal.  Went through 3 sets of copper crush washers before I bought new bolts which finally did the trick.   Installed the two rear door panels.

IMG_20200706_070547.jpg

IMG_20200706_070459.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...