started on the 55 pontiac

casper50

2 hours ago, casper50 said:

Many things cost more in shipping to get here than the part cost.  Have to be creative for sure.

And that's also where I tend to draw the line,when the shipping cost is more than that of the needed part...and I wait, hoping to find a better price, not always - sometimes though I've been  lucky.☺️

3 hours ago, casper50 said:

Well tried to install the windshield and found out that they sent the wrong one.  Sent a 2 door ht.  It won't fit my wagon.

That really sucks! Hopefully the supplier will do the right thing and pay for return shipping and shipping of the correct windshield.

Frustrating when this happens but always remember there are worse things in life.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, nice work. Powder coat instead of chrome. Is there a powder coat out there that looks like chrome?

Rear bumper guards are probably damaged as it is a GM product and likely needed some help by pushing when it wouldn't start or broke down.. LOL:lol: As I've stated earlier in this thread, I like the '55 and '56 Pontiacs! I always enjoy your posts.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to fly out to Arizona and drive my in laws car and trailer back to Wisconsin. I stopped at 11 different gas stations over 7 states and bought a poweball at each stop. No luck.  
But I am not giving up yet!!!!!!

Every little piece makes a difference on the way to finishing a project. I love the old saying --- "You can eat an elephant..........one bite at a time." It certainly applies to old car restoration! Never think of the project as a whole when starting. Just work on one thing at a time and it eventually gets there. You are getting pretty close!

On 1/29/2020 at 2:44 PM, Todd B said:

I had to fly out to Arizona and drive my in laws car and trailer back to Wisconsin. I stopped at 11 different gas stations over 7 states and bought a poweball at each stop. No luck.  
But I am not giving up yet!!!!!!

Did you know that you cannot redeem those power balls at home? You have to take them back to the state you bought them in....lol. Honey we won a hundred on the lottery! But we have to drive back to New Mexico to claim it......sigh.

• 4 weeks later...

Always enjoy your videos. Won't be too long before it's on the road. Do you have a rough idea how long it will be? One word of advice, you'll need to fix the right front tire as it's looking pretty flat. LOL ?