Highlander material cloth

Thomba48

Hi - my seats will unfortunately need some upholstery work done to them rather sooner than later. I hope that I shall be able to reuse the existing vinyl material, but the fabric cloth itself looks worn down. I was thinking about using the Highlander fabric design - I know maybe not period like and certainly not Plymouth correct.

I know SMS auto fabrics offers them - but I can not seem to get through to them anymore. Do they still exist? Any other vendors that might offer this type of fabric?

thanks

in my opinion as the material is not stock to that car, that is unreal prices for just a plaid fabric....I would think one could find suitable in other outlets...but again, just my thoughts...

just one fabric that pops up under the    highlander plaid upholstery fabric        search

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Wool-Tartan-Plaid-Overstock-Upholstery-Fabric-by-Roth-MacPhee-CL-Green-Red/163013148286?hash=item25f4573e7e:g:UTEAAOSweDdaqF6A

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

Thom - SMS Auto Fabrics makes Highlander cloth, I had looked into this as a potential for my convertible interior, as inserts to reduce the leather cost.  However it proved to be only a minor change, so I decided to go all leather.  

IMG_4155.jpg

On 4/27/2018 at 4:34 AM, Thomba48 said:

Mark - thanks. Well that is certainly too dear :-(

Thom a couple of guys I was chatting with a couple weeks ago suggested that I look into plaid wool blankets.  Might be an option that is more affordable.

2 hours ago, Mark D said:

Thom a couple of guys I was chatting with a couple weeks ago suggested that I look into plaid wool blankets.  Might be an option that is more affordable.

Keep in mind that a wool blanket is made for covering your body and not for supporting your body......in the long run I think you would be better off going with stronger material as the wool blanket will stretch and not regroup leaving wrinkles.

I drive my Chrysler's and DT in my Pendleton Tarten Plaid Highlander jacket! Covers part of my body too!IMG_9107.JPG.2d4502212da418add6a46ce3547de0f4.JPG

Looking for pants and the hat too!

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't need Mr Hermans  help Tim!

I don't think Pee Wee could ever be as swanky as me in design and dress...:D

I think a 5th of Crown Royal.... some new Royal Stewart Pendleton pants and matching Scottish hat...

I'll be ready for the 1st Spring car show in Duvall!

8 hours ago, Mark D said:

Yes, that could make sense :-)

On 4/25/2018 at 4:22 AM, Thomba48 said:

Hi - my seats will unfortunately need some upholstery work done to them rather sooner than later. I hope that I shall be able to reuse the existing vinyl material, but the fabric cloth itself looks worn down. I was thinking about using the Highlander fabric design - I know maybe not period like and certainly not Plymouth correct.

I know SMS auto fabrics offers them - but I can not seem to get through to them anymore. Do they still exist? Any other vendors that might offer this type of fabric?

thanks

SMS still exists but be cautious, do an internet search about issues with their turn around time and customer service. Once they have your money you basically don’t matter anymore. Lots of horror stories on them on the web.

5 hours ago, Branded said:

SMS still exists but be cautious, do an internet search about issues with their turn around time and customer service. Once they have your money you basically don’t matter anymore. Lots of horror stories on them on the web.

Thanks