Danny Kaye went to jail in a '37 Plymouth coupe

thebeebe5

Of course it was for witness protection in the movie "Wonder Man", but he still got hauled in by the cops in their old Mopar. 

IMG_0628.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

while there is a good chance the car may still be around, Danny boy is long gone....movies and cars are not made the same anymore.....

How true.  Bogart had a 38 which could disguise itself as a 37.    In another Bogart film, I think it was The Big Sleep,  Hapless Harry Smith had a 35 PJ coupe

which out survived him.  If you freeze frame a the shot of the registration paper, it actually has the correct vehicle description !  Now that is attention to detail !

• Like 1

Wonder what the percentage was of coupe cop cars?  One generally thinks of a cop car being a 4dr sedan.  I can see detectives driving coupes being an exception.

One if the things I noticed when first driving my 40 Chrysler with skinny bias tires the the squealing sound going around corners. Reminds me of the soundtracks of all those chase scenes in old movie with the screeching tires. 

BTW, radials are on my wish list.......

19 minutes ago, Jolly said:

One if the things I noticed when first driving my 40 Chrysler with skinny bias tires the the squealing sound going around corners. Reminds me of the soundtracks of all those chase scenes in old movie with the screeching tires. 

BTW, radials are on my wish list.......

You can have your cake and eat it too you know.  Coker does a nice stock size wide white that looks like a bias, but is indeed a radial.  All the radial benefits and great looks too.  They're on my '37.  Love em.  

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 6:47 PM, Flatie46 said:

Wonder what the percentage was of coupe cop cars?  One generally thinks of a cop car being a 4dr sedan.  I can see detectives driving coupes being an exception.

cops drove what was cheap and back then a coupe was cheaper than a 4dr

20 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

cops drove what was cheap and back then a coupe was cheaper than a 4dr

Funny how years later a coupe is worth more when you actually get more with a 4dr.  Same deal with short and long bed trucks, used short beds bring more $$.

I beg to differ.....the majority of the cars for that era were suicide door and thus standard run of the mill units with high production numbers.  Now, given IF the car was the more rare Town Sedan with non suicide rear doors, then yes the rarity of these makes them more desirable as a 4 door....but hey...this is just a personal observation and opinion of an owner of two Town Sedans...

Just now, Plymouthy Adams said:

I think this subject came up once before and I am going only from memory here, but the 42 was the last year I think for Plymouth....

correct. love to find me one of those.

Just now, Plymouthy Adams said:

I think this subject came up once before and I am going only from memory here, but the 42 was the last year I think for Plymouth....

Wow, that has to be a rare bird!

32 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I beg to differ.....the majority of the cars for that era were suicide door and thus standard run of the mill units with high production numbers.  Now, given IF the car was the more rare Town Sedan with non suicide rear doors, then yes the rarity of these makes them more desirable as a 4 door....but hey...this is just a personal observation and opinion of an owner of two Town Sedans...

Just liking the cool factor, not even thinking value of the car.  Plus my friend enjoyed the day I took her tooling around on her 101st  Birthday last July. The rear door and grab handle worked well for her to access the rear seat.  

Btw, I would also like a nice coupe

20B781AE-3056-40E4-B06A-27AE9DCAB221.jpeg

I drive a '67 F250.  

My buddy calls it a "wrong bed".

Only a short bed counts with him. 

IMG_5916.JPG

9 hours ago, thebeebe5 said:

I drive a '67 F250.  

My buddy calls it a "wrong bed".

Only a short bed counts with him. 

IMG_5916.JPG

Nice truck, I have a strong affection for the heavy duty 3/4 ton's and  bigger. A short bed is sportier but a long bed will haul more and an often over looked  benefit is that they ride better. I know your F250 will ride a bit firm compared to the same thing in  a half ton but I like that.  

As far as 4dr cars I really think the rear suicide doors of the P-15's are cool.  I like coupes but some cars it wouldn't matter  2 or 4dr and I may even prefer a 4dr. Right off the top of my head,  a  72 and earlier  Imperial,  pretty much any Hudson and  a 61 to 65 Lincoln .  

13 hours ago, Flatie46 said:

Nice truck, I have a strong affection for the heavy duty 3/4 ton's and  bigger. A short bed is sportier but a long bed will haul more and an often over looked  benefit is that they ride better. I know your F250 will ride a bit firm compared to the same thing in  a half ton but I like that.  

IF you put 2300+ lbs of scrap in the back it rides like a Lincoln.  :D

IMG_6825.JPG

IMG_6307.JPG

IMG_6298.JPG