Been a while: My '49 Coronet

49DODGEBOY

Been awhile since I have been here ( life is just too busy) so thought I would show you what I have been up to.

I know it is not everyones "cup of tea" but I built it my way. In the style of a 60's mild traditional custom. The only drivetrain mod has been the addition of a t5 5 speed.

Here are some pics. Currently building a 1954 Plymouth Plaza Wagon too.

4-2018 Hippy Killer adjusted photo.jpg

3-2018 INTERIOR-6.JPG

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

looks like you have put the 54's bezels on the 49's headlights

Good eye...easier than frenching.... ( plus I have the 54 sitting in the shop )

Nice car man, I like it. I am more of a custom/hotrod guy myself and your car is a nice custom. Restoring is boring I like to say. Nice to add your own style. My 49 Plymouth is similar to yours, slightly custom and a nice driver. Good job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flatie46 said:

Good looking car, I also like the seat covers. How do you like the T-5. Conversion? 

Best change yet, was not a straight conversion as I had the fluid drive. (bellhousing etc had to also be changed).  but here in Socal on the fwys...65-70 all day long. Factory rear end still too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 49DODGEBOY said:

in Socal on the fwys...65-70 all day long. 

That's an average MPH, right??  I've done some time in LA... beautiful downtown Burbank, anyway.. Disc brakes, too??

I remember seeing your car on here before. Really nice!! I've been contemplating gasserizing my '50 Coronet club coupe.. just at the contemplation stage right now..

Edited by MackTheFinger
content

27 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

That's an average MPH, right??  I've done some time in LA... beautiful downtown Burbank, anyway.. Disc brakes, too??

I remember seeing your car on here before. Really nice!! I've been contemplating gasserizing my '50 Coronet club coupe.. just at the contemplation stage right now..

YA If your lucky, traffic here is terrible now.  can't wait to leave this state. No discs....left the rest alone.

38 minutes ago, Greg51T&CWagon said:

Did you make an adapter plate for the Trans or buy one? what did you do about the parking brake and drive shaft?

bought the kit. Parking brake?   lol  not yet anyway.    Shaft I had, was in the trunk of a car I bought. Was GM so the splines were perfect as was the length.(lucky). Just used the conversion u-joint.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 9:45 AM, 49DODGEBOY said:

YA If your lucky, traffic here is terrible now.  can't wait to leave this state. No discs....left the rest alone.

There are lots of things I like about the LA area but traffic sure isn't one of them.. It's kinda funny, after a couple of days it''s like, "Driving here ain't so bad.." then a few weeks later it's, "Get me back to Missouri!!" I'm sure putting up with it every day with no end in sight could grind you down..

Now that I think about it,, I haven't been out in 7-8 years,, I'm just about ready for another dose!!:)

Edited by MackTheFinger
content
  • Haha 1