B3B door window installation

pflaming

My glass source installed new windows, fire destroyed my others. They installed the rear window incorrectly, and did not install the long enough window guides so the windows fell and . . . . So Saturday they were to correct their faulty work. By days end not even one door was done, so I drove Phoenix to my shop, removed everything and started over. In 90 minutes I had the driver's door window reinstalled. Will install the other door tomorrow. Now that I know how, it won't take that long. It still rings true, learn how to do it and be self sufficient. 

What i learned: 1) reinstall the front guide but only the top bolt so the bottom can swing away to allow the window pane to rotate into position. 2) install the 54" one piece window guide, 3) "quick tie" the guide at the top of the door so it stays in place, 4) install the guide down into the door and press it into the guide rails,  5) install the glass, walk it all the way to the top by hand, 6) attach the guide at the bottom of the pane to the regulator, 7) reach into the door cavity and apply pressure against the forward guide against the pane as you lower it, 8) now install the two remaining bolts and adjust that front guide for an even up and down movement. 

Will do the other door tomorrow, it's a bit tedious but well worth the effort. I still have to install the four rubber guides before it gets the Goodhouse Keeping Seal of Approval. 

Part two and some pictures. The most difficult is attaching those clips. With the regulator down, they are accessible but the snap on and that snap for me is difficult. I found that once it's all together, then the window travel adjustment is via the front guide and the three bolts. The holes are elongated to fine tune.

i have a problem. My glass is very tight so that I think it is not cut accurately. What is the maximum length, side to side. The glass is not square, the lesding edge increases and then becomes parallel. I think my glass man has been mixing cuts and we no longer have a pure pattern. TKS in advance.

IMG_2678.JPG