P-15 Totaled

bob westphal

Sadly my P-15 club coupe has been totaled. It is going to another P-15 owner in Oregon as salvage. I will drop off the P-15 Forum after many years. Thanks to all on the Forum for your association and help. I am moving on to a numbers matching one owner 273 powered '65 Barracuda.

• Sad 2

Why leave?  Stick around, you've still got some knowledge we may benefit from, and vice versa. Doesn't matter what car you own.  Besides, these members can be a hoot and just plain entertaining. 

• Like 2

So sorry to hear this.  I know how you feel, I think.  Same thing happened to me about two years ago.  But I keep in touch with the new owner who bought the car as salvage and restored it.  Looks even better now.   I still keep in touch here.  Might replace it someday, still looking!

My old car, his new car. 

5abe721ed24a5_47PlymouthDougs.jpg.0795246fda8b770756ab2817233b35ef.jpg

and here's what it looked like after the accident.

5abe765200395_47Plymouthwreck6.jpg.08fbd0f2f9d0de60a962c27bef5f6e96.jpg

Edited by 46Ply
add picture
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear about this, really you should  stick around for the laughs and knowledge you can share.  Post about the Barracuda in the OT section,  we all would  love to see that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 46Ply said:

So sorry to hear this.  I know how you feel, I think.  Same thing happened to me about two years ago.  But I keep in touch with the new owner who bought the car as salvage and restored it.  Looks even better now.   I still keep in touch here.  Might replace it someday, still looking!

My old car, his new car. 

5abe721ed24a5_47PlymouthDougs.jpg.0795246fda8b770756ab2817233b35ef.jpg

and here's what it looked like after the accident.

5abe765200395_47Plymouthwreck6.jpg.08fbd0f2f9d0de60a962c27bef5f6e96.jpg

That has to be sickening when it happens. Glad to see the old girl got another chance at being on the road. Hopefully no one was hurt in the crash. Did your car have seat belts at the time of the accicent?

• Sad 1

No seatbelts.  I didn't hit the windshield but I did break the steering wheel and bruised up both knees.  And if I do it over I will definitely also consider front disc brake conversion.  The other driver was definitely at fault, but disc brakes might have stopped me a little quicker, maybe?  The guy just pulled right in front of me at the last moment.  I asked why and He said:  "I didn't see you".  It was broad daylight and he was no more than 50' or so away from me.  

I spent the evening in the emergency room and a night in the hospital.    

Sorry to hear about the wreck. I know that regarding your remark about not  seeing you, it seems that every time our School bus  company has an accident the first thing out of the other drivers mouth is"I didn't see it" How the bleep do you not see a 40 foot yellow bus. Bet they saw the phone in their hand though.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your P-15 Bob. But the Barracuda will be a lot of fun. I sold my P-15 club coupe and drive a 1965 Barracuda with a slant six automatic. We drove it from Michigan to California on Route 66 in 2016. Maybe I'll see you on A bodies only or the early Valiant Barracuda site. You can also join the Plymouth BarracudaCuda Owners Club.