Used engine purchases

pflaming

I just completed the compression test on a 218 engine I purchased sight unseen. The seller was replacing it with a V8 front clip and just wanted it out of his shop! Some sellers are honest. The compression numbers ALL EXCEED 125#'s. Amazing. It sure beats a $2500.00 plus overhaul. 

IMG_2544.JPG

Seller did not follow through, so it is still for sale, $600, a very good buy!

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 2

It's leaking coolant out of the center two  exhaust  manifold bolts:eek:

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

ALL EXCEED 125#'s.

Are you sure you we reading PSI? Maybe Kpa where 125 is about 18 Psi?  :P

Is not 125 almost at the top of Max?

Sounds like your new truck engine to me!

DJ.

What is KPA? . YES on 125! My gauge holds the reading until it's released. I motor my test engines a bit to avoid reading a needle jump. NO, no water leak! The manifold bolts are dry as a pop corn fart, besides there isn't any coolant in the engine!  Too much work to change engines, besides truck engine is sound. No sludge in the pan nor at the valves, nice. May still be sludge in the block, buyer can check on that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the buyer suddenly went quiet, so it's now for sale at $600. 59, there is no point in selling something you suspect. At my age, sleep is hard enough to come by as it is.  You gonna make the "las Vegas West" BBQ? I hope so. 

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

Well the buyer suddenly went quiet, so it's now for sale at $600. 59, there is no point in selling something you suspect. At my age, sleep is hard enough to come by as it is.  You gonna make the "las Vegas West" BBQ? I hope so. 

I read that and wondered why you put a price of $600.59 on it. Then I reread it and realized that the 59 was directed to 59bisquik. LOL...