Who Is Actually Driving Their Vintage Mopars?

55 Fargo

Had my 37 out yesterday to visit a local guy who has a black 35 Dodge coupe in the background. The 35 is a nice driver/survivor hot rod that is for sale. I have posted it in the Ebay, Craigslist and External Site Referrals section. 

5029.jpg

• Like 5

"DD," my 1942 DeSoto, gets driven at least three times a week for local errands.  She is completely stock--including the semi-automatic fluid drive--and runs like a dream.

I am working now on DD2--another 1942 DeSoto.  This one has some engine modifications, including three carburetors and slightly higher compression.  Also a 200R4 transmission.

Otherwise, stock....

1942DD.jpg

• Like 10

Don't drive during winter here in Wisconsin but do get around during better weather.

1-Driving thru Metropolis IL, 

2-Memphis,

3-Arrive Daytona,

4-Daytona Beach for the Turkey Run,

5-Talledega Speedway on the trip home.

Also have some photos somewhere of the car at Operaland, Don Garlits museum, and in Daytona Speedway pits.   3700 mile trip, just my wife and my 48 P15, 440 powered.

04 FL Metropolis IL.jpg

04 FL Memphis.jpg

04 FL Daytona Sign.jpg

04 FL DaytonaBeach.jpg

04 FL Talladega.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

That car was in my driveway when I lived in Tennessee but I failed to get a photo.

Been at both my old house and new house and I also failed to snap photos either time! Of course MN to WI isn't as far....

2 minutes ago, Uncle-Pekka said:

Here's my testimony. Driving alone along the coastal route "the Seven Bridges Road" from my home town Kokkola towards Jakobstad. August 2018.

You get to see three bridges in this short clip. The road is built on islands on the shallow sea shore. It's the Bay of Bothnia in the Baltic Sea.

Took a drive over to Scottsdale for the afternoon.  Car is running fine...  Needing shocks though...

1D5C416F-027A-4FBB-87F0-35CB2D3F1434.jpeg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Uncle-Pekka said:

Here's my testimony. Driving alone along the coastal route "the Seven Bridges Road" from my home town Kokkola towards Jakobstad. August 2018.

My Fathers parents were from Finland and I enjoy seeing what the country looks like.  A drive in an old car is the icing on the proverbial cake!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 11:53 AM, Young Ed said:

Been at both my old house and new house and I also failed to snap photos either time! Of course MN to WI isn't as far....

I think this one was taken in your yard..

Edited by dndrodshop
Wrong Photo.

• 1 month later...

Rinsed off the Hammond Rd dirt and mud and went to get some gas and ice cream on Sunday.

56966752_2611129158917088_75890702669997

Bumped into a Mopar Muscle guy at the ice cream shop - he was all excited when I popped the hood to show a dual carb'd flathead.

I was going to take some pictures of the car in downtown West Liberty - but rain (and tornado warnings) chased us back home before that happened.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't tell me you drove that somewhat familiar looking car in the rain! ?  ?

I doubt the previous owner drove in the rain. Seldom left the garage.  ??

Looking good!  Enjoy!

DJ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJ194950 said:

Don't tell me you drove that somewhat familiar looking car in the rain! ?  ?

I doubt the previous owner drove in the rain. Seldom left the garage.  ??

Looking good!  Enjoy!

DJ

It's a good thing it rains..... It currently resides on a dirt/gravel road. Lol

• Like 1

I drive my 48 P15 every weekend, except in the rain. Its got antique auto tags on it - so weekend driving only. Satin blue paint with pin-striped ghost flames (fuschia colored) and pin-striping in a 50's style. Dual Carter carbs, 218 flathead, with an Offenhauser intake. Smitty muffler. 4" lowering blocks. Leopard skin fabric seats. Runs super and sounds great! I love her!!!

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cold Blue said:

Its got antique auto tags on it - so weekend driving only

It doesn't rain on weekends where you live??  ? Where do you live,?. many old car lovers/owners will want to move there!? I

t doesn't snow there -where salt is used on the roads either?? Utopia  !!!..?

I know these old cars can really be a pain to get water tight again- if they ever where.??

Why drive in the rain if if can be avoided, unless it is now your needed daily driver. It happens.

DJ

8 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

It doesn't rain on weekends where you live??  ? Where do you live,?. many old car lovers/owners will want to move there!? I

t doesn't snow there -where salt is used on the roads either?? Utopia  !!!..?

I know these old cars can really be a pain to get water tight again- if they ever where.??

Why drive in the rain if if can be avoided, unless it is now your needed daily driver. It happens.

DJ

It rains on the weekends frequently here in Tennessee!! We only get maybe one small snow per winter. Yes - she's not very water tight....And she is not my daily driver, I am retired now, so sometimes I don't drive at all for several days.  I simply use her to cruise on the weekends, when its not raining, of course!

• Thanks 1