265 motor

desoto 5053

Is the engine attached to a Fluid Torque drive?   If that is the case, the pump requires a cover with the bypass valve built into it.

The rest of the pump is the same as all gyrotor pumps and the cover could be transferred to the regular pump.

If the engine is attached to a standard transmission or to a regular Fluid Drive then the plain cover pump can be used.

The SPITFIRE letters were most often found on 49 engines.

Both my 53 and 1954 Chrysler 265 engines have the "Spitfire" lettered heads. I had a 51 Windsor that also had the lettered head.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Could be a Canadian thing Fargo. My car VIN plates tells me it was made in Detroit. However the engine could have easily been swapped out at a later time. Here in Canada a previous owner could have swapped in a Canadian engine. Or my VIN was changed? Who knows.

Edited by keithb7

46 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

Could be a Canadian thing Fargo. My car VIN plates tells me it was made in Detroit. However the engine could have easily been swapped out at a later time. Here in Canada a previous owner could have swapped in a Canadian engine. Or my VIN was changed? Who knows.

Hmmm yes of course.

Whats your engine number? And does it end in C meaning built in Canada?

No Spitfire heads ever on a Windsor Ontario built Canadian engine.

Edited by 55 Fargo Spitfire