Asian Beetle Invasion/ Infestation

55 Fargo

Hey all,

Who has been pestered by these biting, smelly Asian beetles.

The look like Lady Bugs but are not.

Last fall was terrible, these suckers trying to get indoors by the 100s.

Still finding some crawling around.

Thank you US Dept Of Agriculture for introducing these pests to North America....BOOH

20180317_101127_resized.jpg

Edited by 55 Fargo Spitfire

they bite, I caught the bug "master" and programmed him with Canadian coordinates in his internal GPS....enjoy.....did I mention they bite....they stink....they bring no money with them...these are not lady bugs by any sense of description...they have no social redeeming qualities...maybe you can get the love bugs next...remember, share and share alike....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Frank...I'd say you looked like a big yellow pansy to them but I know how big a person you really are.....!!!  

these beetle move around a bit..I see the occasional one yet but was able to eradicate them from the gables easy enough when I discovered them...they like that warm morning sun...

I was in one house one time where the dead beetles were some 6 inches deep around the one wall....now that was an invasion....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

We have had them in Wisconsin for several years. When I work near a farm with soybeans planted there are 1000’s. Sends you home some afternoons because you can’t work outside. Fleet Farm sells a product called Bug b gone. Not sure of spelling, but it works very well. Just spray all your buildings and trees. 

The DNR introduced Asain beetles. Then had too many so they then introduced Turkeys to eat the beetles, Then Turkeys got so over populated so now they are bringing in snakes to eat the turkey eggs.  

What next?? 

We've got those here, too.  They're out and about on occasion in the winter here,  when the sun is out and warms up one side of the house, they think it's spring and are looking for a way out.  Of course, with 3-4 feet of snow on the ground, and highs in the 20's, they don't last too long once they get out.  They are the scourge of aphids.  We've got moose flies (at least the natives claim there are "moose flies"), horse flies, deer flies, 9 species of black flies, and 27 species of mosquitos here that all bite, what's one more biting bug in the Maine woods...?

On 3/17/2018 at 11:17 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

Frank...I'd say you looked like a big yellow pansy to them but I know how big a person you really are.....!!!  

these beetle move around a bit..I see the occasional one yet but was able to eradicate them from the gables easy enough when I discovered them...they like that warm morning sun...

I was in one house one time where the dead beetles were some 6 inches deep around the one wall....now that was an invasion....

That's not an invasion this is a Beatle invasion.......lol.

HITH-Beatlemania-Sweeps-US-Getty10649413

Them and box elder bugs! My first summer/fall roofing houses in Iowa I met them, just about enough to make you cry when they won't leave you alone while you're hugging a steep pitched roof. I've worked on houses in the winter where we've pulled siding or dry wall off and they're stacked 3 feet high, just billions of them. In really cold winters they don't survive. We resided a house one winter and when we were done it looked like an air tanker dropped a load of that orange fire retardant around the house. Bug-b-gone works but the box elder and asain beetle stuff is the best, they crawl over it and go a couple inches before croaking.

1 hour ago, plyroadking said:

Them and box elder bugs! My first summer/fall roofing houses in Iowa I met them, just about enough to make you cry when they won't leave you alone while you're hugging a steep pitched roof. I've worked on houses in the winter where we've pulled siding or dry wall off and they're stacked 3 feet high, just billions of them. In really cold winters they don't survive. We resided a house one winter and when we were done it looked like an air tanker dropped a load of that orange fire retardant around the house. Bug-b-gone works but the box elder and asain beetle stuff is the best, they crawl over it and go a couple inches before croaking.

I have a box elder and stink bug problem.  I really, really hate to use any form of pesticide but its down to me or them. What is the name of the box elder stuff?