We and the Windsor 2018

keithb7

A lovely reminder how nice and classy the Windsor is to drive.  Running errands today. Made a lot of smiles on people’s faces today. Chasing storm clouds home. We made it. With the old opposing wipers getting caught in the rain is always dicy. Lol. 

AE969691-2D2A-4A9E-98A0-D738D273A62A.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here’s a new one for me. 

I was out on a group cruise tonight. When I got home later, I was flipping through social media. I stumbled upon this image. Someone uploaded this, pic. I don’t known person. I assume the person in the car operating the camera uploaded it.  I’m with my wife here participating in a large group cruise, in our ‘53.  The tour was set up to pass by several Old Age Group Homes. The poor folks have been bound up for months with no outings. So we took a car parade to them. 

9931D053-434F-46E9-8BE8-0195C55370D7.jpeg

• Like 3

On a related note: Very hilly mountainous area here where I live. I generally descend hills in low range, 2nd for good hold back.  In a large group cruise, low 2nd is too slow down the hills. One was 10% grade and pretty long.  I threw caution to the wind and left the tranny in 4th.  Anyone with a semi-auto tranny knows, this 4000 lb car can hit terminal velocity pretty darn quick when descending a steep hill in 4th. I was on the brakes a lot tonight. More than ever.  

I run stock brakes. I am on top on my maintenance and inspections are done often. Major and minor adjustments probably 2x each cruising season.  My brake pedal is high and firm. The stock brakes performed very well tonight. Exceeding my expectations.  My park brake is my reserve plan if needed. I am still running single reservoir master cylinder. 

I can say with confidence, when set up right and maintained properly , these old brakes perform adequately. I was feeing good tonight knowing the brake system was in good shape. 

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3

People drove them every day in the 50's/60's. No issues.

Shops had the tools to fix em and set them up right and told the customers to bring the car back in after a couple weeks for a follow up adjustment.

Most owners today don't have a full understanding of what must be done fixing these Lockheed brakes nor all the poor quality friction linings and hydraulics being sold.

New car brakes are simple to do and instant like new brakes.

I have driven many many miles on stock lockheed brakes from when I was a kid to current.

I do not trust the modern friction material bring used on relined shoes though.

I find and use only original type asbestos linings....work like I remember the brakes use too.

Not too soft or weak feeling and no first stop grabbing on the fronts.

Just a good predictive safe feeling stop under all conditions.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 3

Another post, on the big old inter-web!...Featuring my Windsor again. LOL 2 days in a row. My Windsor is infamous.  ?  Someone posted this pic to promote their car show and cruise. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 3.56.12 PM.png

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Easter 2021:

My local vintage car club has organized an Easter driving tour.  My family want to jump in and ride along. I gave my wife free reign to do whatever she wanted to add some easter appropriate decorations. Here is what she came up with.  

We are headed out now. 

68659D3D-13ED-4A16-894F-C622D2C220B9.jpeg

10F11BAE-BD1F-4219-847C-C779190DC5DE.jpeg

2496F27C-B948-4ACE-B6B0-95006386D1C5.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 6

She was a grocery getter today.  Then I realized, I don’t think I’ve parked her underground before. Photo op time. 

56640BBB-C2B1-4FF0-941F-B491C71AAD2A.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Someone forwarded a few pics from the Easter Cruise. On a related note my '38 block is looking good. 2 more weeks they tell me!

478273379_ScreenShot2021-04-19at5_16_12PM.png.653caf4c988beee23165dcd6a9a351df.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 5.16.32 PM.png

Block.jpeg

• Like 4

I like to pop the hood, taking my time at the gas station. Checking fluids. Poking around under the hood, looking important.  Most of the time friendly folks approach to chat. I so enjoy that part of the hobby. 

Out for a cruise tonight. Coffee in hand watching the sun set thru the windshield. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Some interest in my Windsor but not sold yet. Took the opportunity tonight to get out with our sons. Great memories in this car for everyone. 

I forgot how smooth it is. After 8 days in my ‘38 Chrysler, 15 years of development definitely shows. Smooth, quiet luxury. I’m getting seller’s remorse already. Cheaper to keep ‘er but I’m outta room. What a car. 

2D0CDBF2-951F-48CC-A77A-F72F489D977F.jpeg

4293EB88-0542-4E7C-A524-1C2D199132B4.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

Some interest in my Windsor but not sold yet. Took the opportunity tonight to get out with our sons. Great memories in this car for everyone. 

I forgot how smooth it is. After 8 days in my ‘38 Chrysler, 15 years of development definitely shows. Smooth, quiet luxury. I’m getting seller’s remorse already. Cheaper to keep ‘er but I’m outta room. What a car. 

2D0CDBF2-951F-48CC-A77A-F72F489D977F.jpeg

4293EB88-0542-4E7C-A524-1C2D199132B4.jpeg

Sure is a beauty,and that paint job is out of this world. Is that an original color? Did you have it repainted,or did you paint it yourself.

15 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:Is that an original color? Did you have it repainted,or did you paint it yourself.

The car was painted when I bought it. I can’t say for sure the name of the color. Everglades green was an original color option. Maybe painter painted it the same?

Took them both out today. My younger son drove the ‘53. I took the ‘38.  We had a street cruise organized. Was fun. Lots of cars of all types turned out. 

That’s my cousin’s ‘68 Mustang California Special. A good hue of greenbacks there. 

8721DCF1-CAA0-467D-BD94-6F6F8A1B4DB9.jpeg

067D2D5C-D3D3-4235-973D-FC3C980EA514.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Edging closer to wrapping up this thread. My ‘53 is loaded up for delivery. Going to her new home soon. 
A new owner anxiously awaits her arrival. She’ll be spoiled again and well taken care of for years to come. 

D1E547EA-C7E0-4EBF-A59E-F032C80F86FE.jpeg

• Like 3

My ‘38 Plymouth wasted no time filling the Windsor’s spot back inside the garage again.  It’s a considerably smaller car. I’ve gained some good room to reassemble it's engine. 

The Windsor has been very good to us. Many great memories for my family. It will always be remembered  fondly. Even when it broke down it got us home. It never once needed a tow truck. Good old American iron. 

Both of my cars remaining Mopars are 1938. Made in Canada. Befitting I'd say. I wonder if they ever crossed paths on the production line?

3A365B93-98CA-4DA1-8DCE-F76DF11AA5B6.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Its a wrap.Its new home, Southern Alberta. 

597ACCDA-7371-4A0F-83CB-479E6039F4D1.jpeg

You gave  him this web address and suggested he become a member,right?

We had so much to talk about and go over the wrap up the sale, I forgot. 
The new owner will be calling me for support. I’ll be sure to let him know about this site. 

We just got home. From the time we left our hotel this morning until now at home, just shy of 16 hours.  My wife rode shot gun. She helped me unload the car too. She’s a trooper. 

My 98 Dodge truck with Cummins diesel was rock solid. It tows like a tank. I swear it seems to get better fuel economy towing a 4,000 lb car. Lol.  

We had an epic road trip. From the Kamloops desert, we headed east thru the Rocky Mountains. Into the flowing foothills of Alberta. You could see the horizon meet the sky over fields of hay and canola there.   At other points, the pillars of the Rocky Mountains were touching the sun as we weaved thru the valleys. We followed jade green rivers of the spring melt.  One of the best road trips in recent memory.  

33DD1762-539E-4730-8ECD-CC329A8B26AB.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, keithb7 said:

We had so much to talk about and go over the wrap up the sale, I forgot. 
The new owner will be calling me for support. I’ll be sure to let him know about this site. 

We just got home. From the time we left our hotel this morning until now at home, just shy of 16 hours.  My wife rode shot gun. She helped me unload the car too. She’s a trooper. 

My 98 Dodge truck with Cummins diesel was rock solid. It tows like a tank. I swear it seems to get better fuel economy towing a 4,000 lb car. Lol.  

We had an epic road trip. From the Kamloops desert, we headed east thru the Rocky Mountains. Into the flowing foothills of Alberta. You could see the horizon meet the sky over fields of hay and canola there.   At other points, the pillars of the Rocky Mountains were touching the sun as we weaved thru the valleys. We followed jade green rivers of the spring melt.  One of the best road trips in recent memory.  

33DD1762-539E-4730-8ECD-CC329A8B26AB.jpeg

I used to love the HELL out of road trips to places I had never been,and meeting people I had never met. Some of the people I met on some of these road trips remain good friends to this very day. The guy I bought my 39 IHC half-ton pu from maybe 10 years ago send me an email last week telling me he had found a spare hood and some trim pieces for it he had in storage and had forgotten about,and he was going to send them to me.

Didn't even ask for shipping costs,but of course I will send him the money.