We and the Windsor 2018

keithb7

@tjlarson88 I hear that if you buy some Irish Spring bars of soap, break them up and place them in various places in the car the mice avoid it. The smell I guess?  I have also seen where

the car is jacked up and placed on 4 jack stands. However small plastic buckets, get a cut out in the bottom. Then turned upside down and placed over the jackstands. The buckets small enough that they don't touch the ground. The mice cannot climb up the jackstands. The wheels are off the ground. The mice cannot get up into your car while in storage.

See here:

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 10.07.00 AM.png

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tjlarson88 said:

Gorgeous shot! I had to go out to the barn last weekend to make sure that my Plymouth was still there. Still there and now evidence of mice having moved in. We're in for a big snowstorm here in the upper midwest. Is it April yet?! HA!

HAHA my stuff is mostly all stashed away too. I do have the project 47 truck parked in the driveway. So far its clear but I imagine it'll be buried under snow soon enough.....

Hope we can meet up with you on a tour next summer!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Thanks for the kind words folks. Chrysler made ‘em pretty nice for sure.  I wish I could take some credit but all i do is show it off. Lol. 

My Windsor has 2 months worth of “garage dust”  on it here. It’s too cold to wash it, I just took it out for a drive and snapped a pic. That everglades green paint covers up a lot!

Well....notice how you placed the main mass of the car (the subject) in the lower right third of the image (Rule of Thirds)....then there are the converging diagonal lines of the fence and the tire tracks leading your eye to the car....then the little splash of color in the sky to balance the highlights in the car....then the trees which fill in the spaces in the sky and add counterpoint to the foreground....then the snow playing off the puffy clouds.....and the kicker is the overall cool color balance that brings out the texture of the snow and the color of the car. The only thing I would Photoshop out is the house in the background.

That, my friend, is an excellent photograph!

22FCC51D-843C-469B-A7A3-CB0801457B3F.jpeg

Here is a retouched version (lost a little resolution in the process of pulling the image off the web):

chrysler.thumb.jpg.3e9e39ffd61b6c42e89c4e2b2c300d85.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today I was working with (guiding) my son, performing maintenance on his car. So my Windsor was sent out of of the garage for most of the day. We worked on his car in the garage. It started snowing today. I figured I had a rare photo opportunity with fresh snow on my old car.  

After sitting outside in below freezing temps for about 8 hours, I flashed her up. I swear the engine never made one complete revolution and it was purring. Starts faster than any car or truck in recent memory. Just dandy these old lovely Mopars are. 

0B932F0C-5F4F-4CEC-BC00-9D64272E4D83.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Today I was working with (guiding) my son, performing maintenance on his car. So my Windsor was sent out of of the garage for most of the day. We worked on his car in the garage. It started snowing today. I figured I had a rare photo opportunity with fresh snow on my old car.  

After sitting outside in below freezing temps for about 8 hours, I flashed her up. I swear the engine never made one complete revolution and it was purring. Starts faster than any car or truck in recent memory. Just dandy these old lovely Mopars are. 

0B932F0C-5F4F-4CEC-BC00-9D64272E4D83.jpegWhen I looked at your picture the first thing that came to mind was "pulling into a friend's driveway on Christmas Eve for dinner and drinks; the kids will go sledding out back behind the neighbor's apple orchard later on." In the mid-50s of course.  Well, that was before my time, but I can fantasize ?

Thanks for sharing ?

• Like 2

Not as photogenic as your pictures but in your last one you mentioned and showed snow. I had my '53 Plymouth out yesterday for a drive in the country and took a picture of it with snow as well but only in the ditches. I'm in Lethbridge, Alberta, and lately it has been around the freezing point or slightly above during the day. We had a huge snowfall first week of October and another pretty good one mid November. Since then Mother Nature seems to have forgotten about us. We had a brown Christmas and very pleasant winter days for quite a while...…..touch wood.

2001050428_1953PLY.png.a669250500b0f34d2646b14ab1ea4b82.png

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Today I had a rare chance to beat the groundhog out of hibernation. Not many Canadians get to do that on Feb 1. Snow is gone! More could come yet for sure, but I took the opportunity today to capitalize. A great day here today for a cruise. 

41E16B37-8627-4F42-AEE7-89B0C0B6A167.jpeg

• Like 2

O/k.......the deal is you North American guys can send me some snow and I'll have a go at taking some fancy pics with my car............all we've had for the past few weeks is brilliant sunshine, clear blue skies and temperatures over 100 degrees........and 2 weeks ago 6inches of rain in two days.............lol............gee I'd like some snow..........lol.........andyd 

• 4 weeks later...

Had my Windsor running today. Only moved it in and out to give me some extra working space in the garage. Runs great! Cool here today. Started up instantly. The good old well maintained 6V system. Makes me chuckle. Must be a daily event, seeing posts on social media asking about converting to 12V. Or installing an 8V battery

C23F1D05-A3A0-4608-9EDC-E56346F9986E.jpeg

• Like 3

Keith......thats right.....another pic with snow in it......lol......its 98F inside here at the moment.............not quite as nice a pic as that sent on Feb 2nd, but helps me to cool down a bit............lol........andyd.

• 3 weeks later...

The first  car wash of the 2020 season was just completed on my Windsor today. My annual insurance ran out a couple weeks ago. So no joy ride today. I’ll likely insure it tomorrow and get out for a cruise.

This pic tells a good story about what goes on around here in the spring. I work on cars. I help my son get his motorcycle serviced and ready to ride. Then in the background, if you look, you can see my lovely wife pressure washing the driveway.  She’s a keeper man. The pressure washer has a Honda gas engine that can kick pretty good. She even pull starts it herself.  I tell her I love her everyday!...No not the car.

IMG_2850.JPG

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2

Just finished rinsing it off. I noticed the chrome reflecting some nice afternoon colour off the house.

IMG_2849.JPG

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 4

Been bound up in the house for a while. Wanted to get out. Took off on a solo cruise. Wow, gas is sure cheap! 0.87/litre. Streets are mostly bare. It’s the weirdest thing to drive them and see so little people.

The old girl is running fantastic. The engine starts quicker than a new car. I was feeling a little like “upper crust” maybe, back in the day, while out cruising today. She’s a fine, fine example of American engineering. Thank you Chrylser engineers. If there’s any around to read this, you killed it. 

Today in an eroded valley. Hills composed  of ancient river bottom silt. 

2EF3C3C6-9740-4E04-BCDD-F720EA089B6D.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 4

On 3/27/2020 at 7:31 PM, keithb7 said:

Been bound up in the house for a while. Wanted to get out. Took off on a solo cruise. Wow, gas is sure cheap! 0.87/litre. Streets are mostly bare. It’s the weirdest thing to drive them and see so little people.

The old girl is running fantastic. The engine starts quicker than a new car. I was feeling a little like “upper crust” maybe, back in the day, while out cruising today. She’s a fine, fine example of American engineering. Thank you Chrylser engineers. If there’s any around to read this, you killed it. 

Today in an eroded valley. Hills composed  of ancient river bottom silt. 

2EF3C3C6-9740-4E04-BCDD-F720EA089B6D.jpeg

Gas has dropped a lot here too! 1.79/gal. this morning. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today we had perfect cruising weather. I took the opportunity to get out.

This morning I installed a bluetooth stereo option, then went to enjoy it. Great tunes while I cruised today, and from now on. 

I gained new appreciation for my Chrysler today. I have been driving my ‘38 Plymouth for the past 2 days. Lots of driving time. Arm signals required. Its still very early into that project.  I enjoyed driving it for sure. However stepping back into the big Chrysler...What luxury!  The Chrysler floats, by comparison. I don’t know what they did to the steering system, but you can drive it with your pinky most of the time. It does not have power steering but its so very nice.  Every thing just seems to glide in the Chrysler. I suppose they were higher class cars back in the day. 

I bought my ‘53 Chrysler first. It was indeed old and cool. I really enjoy it. However it certainly felt old and simple at the time, compared to modern cars. After 100 miles around town driving the ‘38 Plymouth, my Chrysler feels like a brand new car! New buyers must have been awfully proud back in 1953. 

The Chrysler changed my perspective today. I admire it more than yesterday.  What a car. A real treat to own and enjoy.

I am very fortunate to have a choice. Do I drive the Plymouth or the Chrysler. Some might call me a sucker for spending so much time and money looking after these two cars. It is so very rewarding....And lonely too sometimes. Lol. I do spend a lot of time alone in the garage. Yet I’m sure happy out there. 

A pic from today’s outing. 

21429564-F508-4522-8769-1118CAA1C08D.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3

On 2/2/2020 at 2:38 AM, Andydodge said:

O/k.......the deal is you North American guys can send me some snow and I'll have a go at taking some fancy pics with my car............all we've had for the past few weeks is brilliant sunshine, clear blue skies and temperatures over 100 degrees........and 2 weeks ago 6inches of rain in two days.............lol............gee I'd like some snow..........lol.........andyd 

never mind the snow, or even the sunshine. I will be happy with the dinner and drinks that Worden mentioned !

Well............if ever any of my friends & mates from this forum are in this area theres a feed and a bed always available.........snow or sunshine.........lol......andyd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of those days at work today.  A little down time in my Windsor is good for the soul. Took her out on the freeway. A rare treat. She floats along so nicely.  I had to head out to grab a fresh coffee go, then cruise the town. So I figured might as well take my Windsor. 

Today’s pic has me thinking what the heck happened to today’s cars? 

6D08CCA0-FDF4-4468-BE33-415436B0641F.jpeg

edit to add: the brakes are fantastic. I spent a little time adjusting the fronts on the weekend. Took me almost 3 years of occasional screwing around. I think I am getting the technique down! Fingers crossed. 

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, CarNoob06 said:

Keithb7, do you happen to have a YT channel?

Your car looks super familiar when I was watching a video on how to operate a fluid torque drive before I drove mine home.

Eddy

Actually I do Eddie. I document a lot of service work that I do to support new younger people who may get into old Mopars in the future. I muse and ramble on too at times, romanticizing vintage Mopar ownership. I am encouraged as Mopar people do seem to like my shared tips and content. You likely watched my video on driving a  Fluid-Torque Drive equipped Chrysler. Then you bumped into my thread here. 

First wedding for the Windsor today. My son and his new wife. I was chauffeur as I went to pick up the bride and her Dad before the ceremony. The 4 doors were perfect for this occasion.  Was a great day.

Big brownie points to the bride and groom for asking to have both of my old cars in their wedding. 

1473F254-9D32-49D8-BDF2-2615F9C7CB2D.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, keithb7 said:

First wedding for the Windsor today. My son and his new wife. I was chauffeur as I went to pick up the bride and her Dad before the ceremony. The 4 doors were perfect for this occasion.  Was a great day.

Big brownie points to the bride and groom for asking to have both of my old cars in their wedding. 

1473F254-9D32-49D8-BDF2-2615F9C7CB2D.jpeg

Wow that is awesome!!  Congrats to your family and the bride's as well ?