We and the Windsor 2018

keithb7

On 6/8/2019 at 12:03 AM, keithb7 said:

My Sister-In-Law was visiting last week. When she returned back home to Calgary she started posting pics of her trip, on Facebook. I found these on FB tonight. I like them. She's got an eye for my car!

9BDCFCDC-6703-4A1E-8691-779AF10ADF32.jpeg

DC1AD650-DBAE-4382-8F8B-E5162EAC18CF.jpeg

I have news for you,bubba. EVERYBODY has an eye for your car. I am personally eaten alive with envy at the paint job and the chrome. That may be my favorite shade of green,and IMNSHO,it adds a touch of class to anything it is sprayed over.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A new adventure for us. We’re towing the car to a large car show this weekend. About 3.5 hours drive 1 way. 

A big show with 850 cars registered. I look foreward to meet lots of new people. More pics to come of the weekend. 

768B6679-8F33-45AA-AD51-706715237675.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2

Well she’s gettin more and more tired as I keep driving her. She’s burning more oil this year and leaking a fair bit more too. I’d like to have driven the car however the confidence for long trips is diminishing. 

Turned out to be a 5 hour drive one way. Mid 80’s F here.  The trip in A/C of my Ram was sure nice. I feel no guilt.  The folks will get to see the car. Many come from afar. I figure, better taking it on the trailer versus deciding not to go due to engine/tranny/torque reliability. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was nice to get out for a summer cruise tonite. The old Chrysler is running very well. 

My ’38 is getting most of my time and attention this summer. Additionally, my wife is renovating so we haven’t been getting out cruising much this season. 

I saw tons of thumbs up tonite while out cruising. Even the girl at drive-thru for ice creme l was smiling and offered positive comments.  I walked out to a parking lot to find a fellow illegally parked, his drivers door left wide open. He was taking 4-corner shots of my Chrysler. 

It feels good to see other folks appreciating and enjoying these old cars.  I get a kick out of some folks reactions. 

B703584B-2B01-41D0-84C0-75545773500F.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Out for a cruise and some ice cream tonight with my car club members.  Nice warm night. 

When I got home I did my final checks on the car. I noticed that the carb will need to be resealed soon. Parts are wet and I actually saw drips. Guess I’ll order a new kit right away. 

Starting to hear a gear howl developing. I susepct diff. Sounds like another winter project. 

66C3D615-4AB0-43AC-AA7C-DD51FFDB1CC4.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Mrs. and I went out for cruise on this wonderful September evening. We toured the old neighborhood where we lived for 15 years. Raised our boys there. I was nice nostalgic ride in the old Chrylser. 

The big old car knows how to bring in the lookers. She’s big, but darn classy and oozes character. What she lacks in speed and acceleration she makes up for in big curves and big chrome. The wire spoke rims say “I’m not your average old car”.

I pulled up to my regular favorite gas station tonight. Other side of the gas pump pulled up a roaring 1958 Corvette. Lean and gleaming in the dark like a stealth fighter. Driver got out and surrounded my Chrysler. Walked around all sides....Paused and said to me “Pretty F’n clean man. Pretty F’n clean!” I laughed...Here was the one and only car in the entire universe that my wife actually drools over. A ‘58 Corvette. She really has zero real interest in cars. Sure she likes riding in the Chrysler, however I could tell her that I just installed a brand new Hell-Cat engine in the Windsor.  She’d say “That’s nice dear” as she turned to stir soup on the stove.

So imagine her drooling over this Corvette while the owner is “show judging” our Windsor. Wife was sitting in the Windsor’s front seat with a big smile on. I had a good laugh. Corvette guy and I chatted for a minute about the Windsor. He loved it. I said “I think my wife would like me to ask if you’d be interested in a trade”. More laughs.  I got back in, about to hit the starter. I thought “come on baby, don’t crank over for 5 seconds like you often do before you flash up.” The corvette guy is looking now, waiting to hear the engine. I hit the key... The crankshaft never made a half turn and she was purring. I patted the dash and thought, “Right on. You show that Corvette how classy you are.”

We turned the heat on for the first time since summer. Its cooling off here now quickly after the sun sets. We went for dinner. It was a fun night out. 

Here’s the garage door going down as we are just about to head out. 

E3B0ED71-B61F-4893-AB36-C62031336F8A.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

The 6V headlights lights doing a good job on the way home tonight. Radio on. High beams on. Heater blower fan on. The generator doing a fine job. 

078DEC35-2BAF-42B5-8CB6-734B0D704082.jpeg

I enjoyed your last post featuring the 58 Vette.  BTW, I'd take your car over any year Vette without a second thought!  My car does really well too with everything on at once: heater, lights, wipers,etc. Not a damn thing wrong with our 6v systems.  Thanks for posting, I was hoping you would!?

• Like 3

Reading back a few posts, I mentioned towing my Chrysler to a car show. I forgot to post some pics. It was a great show. The parade the night before was a ton of fun. I had a blown alcohol big block dragster behind me the whole parade. People were gaping yelling “holy crap”. Grabbing their kids to pull them away from getting sucked into the blower. It was quite a parade. Never to be forgotten. 

I met some real nice Mopar guys who thanked me for bringing the Chrysler out to be seen. That felt good. These girls dropped by and let me take a pic in their period correct attire. 

5490F0D2-DEC0-450F-A9B0-239687CC9FDC.jpeg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Worden18 said:

Not a damn thing wrong with our 6v systems.  

Too true. Maintained, they certainly are adequate for what we do with our cars.

Edited by keithb7

Today my wife and I hit the pavement at about 7am to go to a local bi-annual, vintage car swap meet. This is the same swapmeet we went to about 15 months ago and ran out of gas on the hi-way.  You may remember an earlier post about learning the hard way, about fuel gauge inaccuracies.  Today we made it there and back trouble free. Its about 60 miles each was. My Chrysler ran perfectly. I maintained 50-55 mph on the hiway. It’ll go faster. However based on their idea of safety features back in ‘53, I’m slightly more comfortable at 50 mph. 

I Chatted with some locals who said they recognized my Chrysler and liked it a lot. One fellow saiid he “almost bought it back in 2017”. He went to say he was pretty sure it didn’t have wire spoke wheels back then. He’s right, and that’s when I bought it. 

We picked up some great deals there. I landed an original parts book for Canadian built Mopar cars in 1938. A great find for my other car, $15 US I paid. Good shape too.  Also some old car calendars from 1915 to 1919. All with brass era cars from the day. Free! Some cool old ads for a 1941 Plymouth, 1948 Plymouth and 1931 Dodge Bros. I’ll hang these all up in my garage. 

My wife is always happy to tag along to car swap meets. She always finds something unique to bring home. This trip was rewarding for her as well. Some antiques to be used for outdoor flower pots. 

Here we are stopped, grabbing a coffee as the sun was low in the sky. 

2243BDDC-E231-4D5E-B965-FF8D8CF748ED.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

Keith, this thread gets more enjoyable every time! I drove a 1951 Desoto home from Clear Lake, Iowa yesterday for a neighbor. Almost 300 miles. The first time ever driving with fluid drive. The car ran and drove great - I had a clear understanding of how to operate the fluid drive because of this thread especially. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 9:36 PM, keithb7 said:

Starting to hear a gear howl developing. I susepct diff. Sounds like another winter project.

before you get too excited, make sure the pinion nut is tight.   just tight is fine, if you pull it up to book specs, it will barely turn.  that spec is for new parts.

• Thanks 1

Can’t remember the last time I had to parallel park this big old classic.

Strong arm arm steeringHad lots of room luckily. No bias tires helps too! 

No complaints.  Just an excuse to post. 

898948A5-13C3-429B-BE36-42D9587E6149.png

1 hour ago, keithb7 said:

Can’t remember the last time I had to parallel park this big old classic.

Strong arm arm steeringHad lots of room luckily. No bias tires helps too! 

No complaints.  Just an excuse to post. 

898948A5-13C3-429B-BE36-42D9587E6149.png

Funny, you really have to look hard to notice the boring cars on either end of yours ?

• 2 weeks later...

It’s Canadian thanksgiving again. How time flies! I have so much to be thankful for...Really. 

Its a great long weekend to take an old car out. I have come to realize it’s become a yearly tradition for me since I bought my Windsor.  A thanksgiving cruise to enjoy the fall colors and snap a few pics. 

Here I am about to leave my driveway.  The engine seems to be purring as good as new. All proud and dressed up for a tour today, she’s giving me her best. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

It’s Canadian thanksgiving again. How time flies! I have so much to be thankful for...Really. 

Its a great long weekend to take an old car out. I have come to realize it’s become a yearly tradition for me since I bought my Windsor.  A thanksgiving cruise to enjoy the fall colors and snap a few pics. 

Here I am about to leave my driveway.  The engine seems to be purring as good as new. All proud and dressed up for a tour today, she’s giving me her best. 

Thanks for sharing, Keith! Enjoy the long weekend. Always nice to see/hear your car!

Re fall photos: The leaves aren’t quite as far along as I’d like. I will have to try again every Saturday for the next several weeks. :)

I was thinking, we can sure get to know these cars inside and out. We spend so much time going over every little thing. Tuning & adjusting.  Repairing & Rebuilding. Maintaining them.  We cruise and build memories in them. They become endeared to us. We can almost feel a pebble stuck in a tire. A tiny new little noise or a shimmy leads us to our garages immediately,  to address.  Great times these old cars create!

D25DE430-5B28-451C-AF69-94DCD3587F14.jpeg

• Like 2

You're right about making memories. I used my '53 Plymouth to pick up a bride and her matron of honour (brides's sister) today. Bride and sister are the daughters of my best friend so it was a real pleasure to do!

I later drove the bride and groom around town for a while before the reception started.

1432062365_PaigeWedding.jpg.f45598749d4b41fb8f8dc96a0bfeb2ab.jpg

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Looking good!  Hope you had fun cruising.  Someday I'm going to ride shotgun with you ?

Inspired by @Worden18, today I idled to the end of my driveway to capture a couple 2019 fall foliage pis.

Now I'll  go take my more-door out now for a real cruise...

IMGP0089 (1).JPG

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 4