Global Mopar Warming

Normspeed

I've been so happy with how cool my P24 runs with a modern radiator core and a fresh rebuild on the motor. With a 160 thermostat, it always runs right on with no scary episodes. Even with all that, when I returned from the mountains on Monday, coming through Hemet, Perris, Riverside, the temp gauge had me a little nervous. The outside temps in the area were in the 104+ vicinity, and I was pulling the teardrop, boat on the roof and carrying a full load of gear. Whether on surface streets or doing 65 on the freeway, the temp was reading all the way up at the top end of the "safe range line" on the factory gauge, for the whole drive. Never did overheat, but now I know the limitations of the stock type cooling system. It made me recall the olden days when summer trips in the Southwest were planned so you would hit the worst desert areas at night or early morning. All in all, it's good to know the old girl can take it!