‘54 Dodge Coronet Suburban updates

Ron175

Posted (edited)

Continued from previous post…

Whilst I was in that area, I vacuumed and wiped the trunk (boot) area down as it’s been filled with all sorts of stuff lately. Comes in handy when I don’t want to get the daily driver dirty. Gave under the hood (bonnet) a once over too and Gummi Pfleged the seals and window rubbers. I’ve had that stick for about 15 years - it lasts forever but does a great job keeping the seals supple. 

IMG_4132.jpeg

IMG_4135.jpeg

IMG_4133.jpeg

IMG_4130.jpeg

Edited by Ron175
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It’s about 95% original paint. There were some holes in the usual places - front of the rockers and behind the front and rear arches where the dirt and water gets trapped. Managed to sympathetically blend the paint with a matched colour. The rest is 70 years old and shines up well when I can be bothered to give it a once over. I’ve had show and magazine featured cars before and this is far more liberating knowing that I don’t have to worry about every knock and scratch. I wasn’t even that worried when someone parked so close to me at the supermarket on the weekend that I could barely get the door open. They must’ve liked the car and wanted a closer look!

The image host on this site does make the colour look a lot brighter than it is though. 
Some before and afters…..

IMG_0664.jpeg

IMG_0665.jpeg

IMG_0667.jpeg

IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_1147.jpeg

Edited by Ron175