crankshaft interchange?

jbw1937

I am working on a 1937 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup with a 218ci 6-cylinder. The engine number stamped on my block is: T38-8085. The engine spun the #2 rod bearing and cracked the crankshaft. I have located a crankshaft and set of rods out of a 1953 Dodge B4B with a 218 ci engine, and I am hoping to use this crank as a replacement. The B4B engine is stamped with T306*I57323*. Unfortunately, I do not have the crankshaft casting numbers readily available. My question is, are these crankshafts interchangeable? Or can this only be determined from the crankshaft casting numbers? 

I'd want to have the crankshaft casting/forging numbers to confirm the interchangeability.  And even with that info, some careful inspection and measuring of the two cranks would be in order; these engines and components are getting older, and who knows what sorts of wear and modifications have been done to them over the years.

Here...

• Like 1