Dual carb/ vacuum question

p24-1953

Silly question...  on a dual carb set up should i pull the same 15 -18 vaccum as a single set up?  Or would it be less?  Each carb is pulling a steady 8 with out a air filter or exahust.  Before the single was pulling 16.   Do I need to "t" both vacumms together to go to the distributor?  I sprayed carb cleaner around the base of each and along the manifold and did not notice a idle increase so im not thinking its not a leak.

2 hours ago, p24-1953 said:

Silly question...  on a dual carb set up should i pull the same 15 -18 vaccum as a single set up?  Or would it be less?  Each carb is pulling a steady 8 with out a air filter or exahust.  Before the single was pulling 16.   Do I need to "t" both vacumms together to go to the distributor?  I sprayed carb cleaner around the base of each and along the manifold and did not notice a idle increase so im not thinking its not a leak.

Vacuum line to dizzy from 1 carb, vacuum has dropped to 8 ?

Checking you engine vacuum should be off the intake on the line to your wiper motor.

My vacuum to the distributor is from the front carb, and works fine...

20160614_162826_resized.jpg

Edited by 55 Fargo Spitfire

7 hours ago, greg g said:

15 to 18 inches at 500 rpm idle is good for duals, lower for lumpier cams. But that is intake vacuum,not ported carb vacuum.

Hes talking above the throttle plates?

Manifold vacuum on mine did not change i have 17 inches...