Jump to content

Clements, California Tailgate BBQ 11th Annual


48Dodger
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know not everyone goes between the car side and the truck side of the website.....so I just wanted to remind all the car guys, as always, you are invited to the Tailgate BBQ!

Its a fun way to meet a lot of the folks on this forum and a great way to learn about the vehicles.

 

Sometimes a guy has a running chevy or ford (cuz he's still building his dream Dodge) and wants to know if he can bring that....of course!

 

Follow this link to the truck side and join the conversation......I'll have the flyer ready to go soon.      11th Annual BBQ

If you look at links below my post (I understand the links don't show up on the mobile site) you can read the older truck show posts from 2008-2017.

 

Hope to see you there!

 

Tim aka 48Dodger  

Edited by 48Dodger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20800 Brandt Rd

Lodi, CA 95240

 

Its about 15 miles east of Lodi, but a few of us out here get Lodi addresses....go figure....im right next to Clements... lol.

 

Hope you can make it!!

 

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2018 at 2:38 AM, 48Dodger said:

I know not everyone goes between the car side and the truck side of the website.....so I just wanted to remind all the car guys, as always, you are invited to the Tailgate BBQ!

Its a fun way to meet a lot of the folks on this forum and a great way to learn about the vehicles.

 

Sometimes a guy has a running chevy or ford (cuz he's still building his dream Dodge) and wants to know if he can bring that....of course!

 

Follow this link to the truck side and join the conversation......I'll have the flyer ready to go soon.      11th Annual BBQ

If you look at links below my post (I understand the links don't show up on the mobile site) you can read the older truck show posts from 2008-2017.

 

Hope to see you there!

 

Tim aka 48Dodger  

Hi Tim,

 

I haven't received a call back from you since the last BBQ.  I was wondering if you might have a part I need for my 1937 1.5 Ton Truck.  Despite my efforts to reach you, no one seems to have your number.  You bought the 1939 1.5 Ton hood ornament from me.  I had my wife and two boys with us.

 

Thanks Tim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pflaming: "I've got my bag, I've got my reservation, SPEND got each DIME I could afford, . . . . . "  Cribbed off the internet, from Barry Manilow.  Long way from Dinah Shore.    

 

Gonna take a sentimental journey, Gonna set my heart at ease
Gonna take a sentimental journey, To renew old memories

Got my bag, I got my reservation, Spend each dime I could afford
Like a child in wild anticipation, Long to hear that "all aboard"

Seven, that's the time we leave at seven, I'll be waiting up for heaven
Counting every mile of railroad track, That takes me back

Never thought my heart could be so yearning, Why did I decide to roam
Gonna take a sentimental journey, Sentimental journey home
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, classiccarjack said:

I haven't received a call back from you since the last BBQ.  

 

 

My apologizes! I'm usually pretty good about calling people back.....

I'll PM you my number and lets try that again.

 

48D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

 

My apologizes! I'm usually pretty good about calling people back.....

I'll PM you my number and lets try that again.

 

48D

Thank you Tim!  I really look forward to talking to you again.  As a CEO of a life safety company, I understand how getting busy with life, can make it tough to keep in touch with everyone you meet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2018 at 2:42 PM, DonaldSmith said:

pflaming: "I've got my bag, I've got my reservation, SPEND got each DIME I could afford, . . . . . "  Cribbed off the internet, from Barry Manilow.  Long way from Dinah Shore.    

 

Gonna take a sentimental journey, Gonna set my heart at ease
Gonna take a sentimental journey, To renew old memories

Got my bag, I got my reservation, Spend each dime I could afford
Like a child in wild anticipation, Long to hear that "all aboard"

Seven, that's the time we leave at seven, I'll be waiting up for heaven
Counting every mile of railroad track, That takes me back

Never thought my heart could be so yearning, Why did I decide to roam
Gonna take a sentimental journey, Sentimental journey home
 

Brought back a pleasant memory.  My grandmother used to sing this to me when I was little.  I sure miss her.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Greg,

 

 Thanks for the offer!!!

I can always use a bit of help. The BBQ deal is on Saturday, and those who travel a ways usually show up a day early to lend a hand.

By all means, its not a requirement, but if you like, I'll soon be posting a few days where I'll need some help and buy everyone pizza.

 

Sunnyvale is about 2 hours from my place (grew up in San Jose) so its a big deal for you to make a trip like that.

If you need to check the route out, or just wanna stop by, give me a holler and I'll buy you lunch for the effort!

 

Thank you my friend for thinking of my back! lol

 

Tim aka 48Dodger 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   The BBQ is a super friendly event.

 

No entry fee, no food to buy, etc.....it's more like a family reunion, except with a bunch of old Cars and Trucks.

I do have a donation gas tank to help off-set the cost.....but with so many who make a long trip to be there, I mean,

anything over an hour to me is a long trip for an old ride. I have no problem not making money with it, just happy to see everyone!....

 

There's many who come from the four regions of California: Coast, Desert, Central Valley and Mountains....but there are

folks whose travel even further to meet friends from the forum: Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Oz, and more.....

Its awesome.

 

I truly enjoy seeing people meet each for the first time, especially after chatting online for years, its a unique experience.

 

Hope to see you there, Tim aka 48Dodger

 

 

    

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Hey Greg,

 

 Thanks for the offer!!!

I can always use a bit of help. The BBQ deal is on Saturday, and those who travel a ways usually show up a day early to lend a hand.

By all means, its not a requirement, but if you like, I'll soon be posting a few days where I'll need some help and buy everyone pizza.

 

Sunnyvale is about 2 hours from my place (grew up in San Jose) so its a big deal for you to make a trip like that.

If you need to check the route out, or just wanna stop by, give me a holler and I'll buy you lunch for the effort!

 

Thank you my friend for thinking of my back! lol

 

Tim aka 48Dodger 

 

 

Yes, keep me posted and I'll come help out. No big deal!  I can show up a day early too for assistance.

 

I'm Happy to help in any way I can.

 

Greg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

   The BBQ is a super friendly event.

 

No entry fee, no food to buy, etc.....it's more like a family reunion, except with a bunch of old Cars and Trucks.

 

 

 

and for those of you thinking "my ride isn't ready or it doesn't look perfect" Tim let us come anyway (actually he invited Julie and I snuck in :P

5a6b5c7eb7dd9_ram(768x1024).jpg.75a4c9354825e1f93c6e17c64e6dd1a7.jpg

but there are pretty awesome looking rides

5a6b5c7508e0f_2017bbq(7).jpg.8558b91328f102f1e86764c014d496f0.jpg

just look out for those "truck" guys :D

5a6b5c7913290_2017bbq(8).jpg.4f5e935e78b43503ffd2c11684746966.jpg

left to right (John T, Desotodav and ggdad1951)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tim came to my shop with a truck and trailer and hauled my fire damaged truck to his place to have it at the BBQ. He invited my wife and grandkids for Friday night in his home an the BBQ. The kids still talk about that week end. TKS Tim! 

IMG_0065.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 2/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, Brent B3B said:

geeze Paul I'd be ticked if I were you...... looks like he dented the front license plate! :)

 

great photo!

 

Hey,.....you work hard loading a wounded truck, you trip, you fall.....you dent the front bumper with your forehead.....what-er-gonna do?

I got it there didn't I ?????

 

48D-ent'd

Edited by 48Dodger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was my 1st outing and my last in 2012. It was the most unorganized show that I have been to in my 45 years of doing car events. People were rude falling down drunk. The hamburgers taste like a week old White Castle. You had to relieve yourself in the back 40s. The music was being piped in from a vacuum tube 50s radio. Evan had a starving HOARSE starting to eat the back end of a pickup truck!!!!   Evan had an eagle flying around pooping on people and would fly in and take the hamburger out of your hand. We had a hurricane come through and took out the tent that provided the shade from the 120 heat. They give away pistons from a blown up engine for trophies etc etc etc!!!

On the last but least NOTE!! They even had a fire pit that somehow they dug a 200 ft hole and the people they did not like, they pushed them in to see if they could hear a thump.

 

 

OK!! I'm back on my MEDS!!

 

SHOULD I SAY MORE!!!

THIS WILL BE MY 6TH YEAR GOING. WOULD NOT MISS IT FOR NOTHING.

 

ITS THE GREATEST SHOW ON Earth!!

The only statement that is true in the small black print was the starving hoarse eating the truck. lol!!!!

i-sSkZRSv-XL.jpg

FB_IMG_1460213953332.jpg

Edited by countrytravler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, countrytravler said:

This was my 1st outing and my last in 2012. It was the most unorganized show that I have been to in my 45 years of doing car events. People were rude falling down drunk. The hamburgers taste like a week old White Castle. You had to relieve yourself in the back 40s. The music was being piped in from a vacuum tube 50s radio. Evan had a starving HOARSE starting to eat the back end of a pickup truck!!!!   Evan had an eagle flying around pooping on people and would fly in and take the hamburger out of your hand. We had a hurricane come through and took out the tent that provided the shade from the 120 heat. They give away pistons from a blown up engine for trophies etc etc etc!!!

On the last but least NOTE!! They even had a fire pit that somehow they dug a 200 ft hole and the people they did not like, they pushed them in to see if they could hear a thump.

 

 

OK!! I'm back on my MEDS!!

 

SHOULD I SAY MORE!!!

THIS WILL BE MY 6TH YEAR GOING. WOULD NOT MISS IT FOR NOTHING.

 

ITS THE GREATEST SHOW ON Earth!!

The only statement that is true in the small black print was the starving hoarse eating the truck. lol!!!!

i-sSkZRSv-XL.jpg

FB_IMG_1460213953332.jpg

They were so desperate for trucks to come, TIM loaded his trailer to go get this truck that was involved in a garage fire. The truck backfired and from all the gas that was passed from the people looking at the truck. NOW you know the rest of the story. LOL 

IMG_0065.JPG.42833d175b40a5b7192de01e0163244e.JPG

Edited by countrytravler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its getting close!! Don't forget to double check those U joints and wheel bearings!!!

And bring brownies....cake works ina pinch. :lol:

 

48D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use