Old Mopar Junk yard near Sacramento, ca

austinsailor

there is a junkyard about 60 miles from Sacramento that has a lot of old Mopar's, including a truck he still uses with a 413 flat head motor. I talked to him recently and am on the way to California, planning to visit. 

Now i can't find my contact info!  Can someone help me with the name or phone #? I know it's been mentioned here before.

thanks!

Brian Abbott is the owner and he has trucks and cars at his place. He is a nice guy to do business with. He knows what he has and his prices are fair as far as I’m concerned.

Big M automotive in Williams CA is another Mopar Salvage yard. John Fowlie is the owner and another good guy.

Gerdes Auto Wrecking in Cloverdale CA is another Mopar yard. Gary Gerdes is the owner. Same as above.

Save so me Parts for the rest of us OK. LOL

Thats not being brash! Your stating a fact, these parts and cars are not easy to find and aren't getting cheaper. I've never had trouble paying for something I needed or wanted. It's all part of the hobby. The thrill is that there are places I can go get these parts! 

Greg

Will be in the area tomorrow night (Wednesday) and probably see him Thursday or friday.

i'm bringing a Crosley farm-o-road to a guy in Sacramento, then bum around a bit on the way back to Missouri.

probably go south to I-10 and visit a friend or two in West texas, then head north. Any interesting things to see?

I paid more than $1500 for a  413 over two years ago :eek:.

The Moly Blocks are so hard to find.

413 six cylinder flatheads are not to be found in junky motor homes.:lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nonstop said:

Wish I knew earlier - in Sac on business. Would have brought tools and allotted more time to go to the yard in American Canyon!

How big is the yard, and what years does it cover?

You might be able to find information on that yard with a search on the truck side of the forum . There was a big write up on it a couple of years age with a lot of photos . 

Been to Brian's a couple times, had/has? A 40 Plymouth i robbed parts off of and an overdrive I picked up. Reasonable guy, probably sat there and bs'd half a day. Also has/had? a factory big 6 dual intake on a dodge dump truck, wanted a grand for the set up 5-7 years ago.

The American Canyon write up on it was by Bob Koch....I might have done one too.

The yard in Williams has changed a bit. The guy had problems with the city and moved everything just outside of town on his personal property.

He was getting environmental issues thrown at him. Last time I saw him, I walked down his drive way and asked what had happened. It was a lil bit

into the conversation before he trusted me and discussed things openly. In short he deals with online, mail order only...not into vistors since its private property.

He did make an exception for me and Jim Shepard, but was not super thrilled with the idea. I'd suggest emailing/calling him for an appointment or tour. Honestly, the biggest

number of rebuildable 50's era Hemi's I've ever seen. Almost all cars.

His website is outdated, but I believe the phone number works.     Big M Automotive   if you look at the Google maps image (Williams ca) the website address will show up on the google maps image....but the yard is empty....because he's not there anymore. He's down the street (old hwy 99 west) near a place called "Tim Ingraham trucking"...you'll see all the cars. 

Brian's yard is the best for trucks (has cars too). He doesn't like talking on the phone, or spending time on the internet...so no website. He likes sitting in front of his yard shed (good size) and read the paper. Ask him what he wants for his stuff and he has a pretty quick answer. He lives right there on site and is a good dude. I think he's been there maybe 40 years. He's closed Sunday-Monday   

Brian's Salvage and Junk  707-642-5408   2580 Green Island rd, American Canyon, Ca 95403

48D