battery box bracket 1938 Chrysler Royal

Dbolter

Hello, I am wondering about the correct application and location for this bracket on my 1938 chrysler royal.

It was attached to the bottom side of my battery box on one side and the other does not seem to line up with anything?/?

I does not line up with anything obvious battery hold down ect...?/?

Any help Thoughts would be appreciated...   

IMG_7703.jpg

My 1940 Dodge used the same battery box with a clamp going across the battery, the clamp was about 4-5" long with a hook that locked into either side of the battery box........there was a rectangular shaped sheet metal top to all this that fitted down over the clamped battery and was sealed onto the three 1/4 UNC -7/16th Head bolts that attached the box and top onto the floor..........the battery cables went out the holes at the bottom of the box............I mounted the battery in the trunk yrs ago and the box & top went via a swap meet to someone..........that bracket you ask about does seem to be a non mopar added extra, tho' I maybe wrong...........BTW..Welcome aboard.........andyd    

Have the same battery box on my 39 desoto. The extra piece of metal strapping is not original maybe the prior owner put this on the bottom just to reinforce the bottom in-case the bottom ever rusted out.

I also have a NOS replacement battery box if you every need one it does not have the full metal ends like yours but is a NOSR replacement part.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com