Goodbye and Thank you!

Barabbas

11 Years ago I bought "Doris" a 1952 Plymouth Cranbrook.  I wanted a retirement project and it came down to an old P23 like I had in High School or a 1965 Dodge Dart GT that a girlfriend

parents had.  After surfing the net, I found this forum and Pete"Blue skies" blog--that settled it for me. I bought the P23.  I've been mostly a lurker the past years, searching past posts and, for many years, this forum was the first thing I read every morning and the last think I read it night.  All of you helped me in getting Doris up, running and reliable.  I really enjoy driving the ol time machine but it  became obvious to me that it was time to let her go.  I no longer had garage space for her and the summer midwest sun was taking a toll on her paint.  Also I am now 11 years older--arthritis is a little more advanced and getting underneath an ol car just wasn't fun anymore.  So she's now gone--she and I had a good run and many (25,000) happy miles that wouldn't have possible without the help and expertise of this forum--so Thank you

Mike

IMG_20171117_090840578.jpg

Glad you had an enjoyable run. Are you going to get something a little more modern? Either way just because you don't have the car doesn't mean you can't stick around for the entertainment. Even Pete still shows up on occasion. 

I have a toy in the garage that doesn't quite fit in the mopar family...plus I do have a habit of drinking and ebaying, so maybe the dart gt could still happen.  I will check in here once in a while..I gave away a lot of parts with the car but I did keep my shop manual for those nights when I can't sleep

DSCN1768.JPG

3 minutes ago, greg g said:

Best to you.  Hope she went to a good home.

I hope so too..it is a bit like letting a pet go---these old mopars are more than just a machine

BTW.  I left a sheet of the "care and feeding of Doris" in the glove box for the nest owner--the last line read:

"

MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF ADVICE: JOIN THE P15-D4 FORUM www.p15-24.com.  Virtually any question for problem you may encounter will be answered there.   The members are quite helpful and know darn near everything about these old Mopars.

1 hour ago, Barabbas said:

11 Years ago I bought "Doris" a 1952 Plymouth Cranbrook.  I wanted a retirement project and it came down to an old P23 like I had in High School or a 1965 Dodge Dart GT that a girlfriend

parents had.  After surfing the net, I found this forum and Pete"Blue skies" blog--that settled it for me. I bought the P23.  I've been mostly a lurker the past years, searching past posts and, for many years, this forum was the first thing I read every morning and the last think I read it night.  All of you helped me in getting Doris up, running and reliable.  I really enjoy driving the ol time machine but it  became obvious to me that it was time to let her go.  I no longer had garage space for her and the summer midwest sun was taking a toll on her paint.  Also I am now 11 years older--arthritis is a little more advanced and getting underneath an ol car just wasn't fun anymore.  So she's now gone--she and I had a good run and many (25,000) happy miles that wouldn't have possible without the help and expertise of this forum--so Thank you

Mike

IMG_20171117_090840578.jpg

Near as I can tell,owning a car isn't an actual requirement to  read or post here,so why leave?