Power Steering Idea

59bisquik

• 4 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 3:11 PM, stylesadamson said:

I just converted to power steering using a pump, bracket, gear and pitman arm from a 93 jeep wrangler yj. Ultra simple conversion. only had to purchase new hoses, a double pulley for the pump and a u-joint for the steering shaft.  Used complete yj steering setups are readily available and cheap. Two of the frame holes matched the gear exactly and very simple fabrication required to utilize the third and the pitman arm. Small amount of bracket casting must be ground away to mount using one water pump bolt. If you are interested in pics reply or email me and I will send pics and further installation instructions. Steers perfectly with no play.

Regards,

Styles

stylesadamson@gmail.com

I would love to see your power steering setup and get some details a well. My email is mjloston@gmail.com. Thanks in advance