1940 chrysler 1941 plymouth grill

Ajgkirkwood

With my chrysler i have a couple small complaints in terms of its looks. I feel the rear tail lights are too small for how big thr back is (any suggestions on bigger lights will be nice) bumpers stick too far out but my biggest beef is the grill. The whole car is curves and i love it. To me it screams aerodynamic (might not actually be the case but the body lines makes sense to me) what doesnt make sense to me is the rectangular grill. Everything is curves then boom lets make a straight grill. What i love to know is, can a 1941 plymouth grill/front face be switched out? I love the look of the 41 plymouth

I go for a 1939 plymouth but those square lights....

1940-chrysler-windsor-2.jpg

c597ce21f83d69666bbe4e8813578b4d--wagon-plymouth.jpg

get out the hot wrench and get to work......only thing that stands between you and the item you wish is getting started....it is what customs is all about.....you could start with a gravel pan between the body and the bumper for you first step at an aesthetic look followed next by a paint that has some gloss that would reflect the curves you have...

As Plymouthy says its just a matter of getting started but to do it properly will require a good deal of cutting and shuting..........the fender curviture at the front on both Chrysler & Plymouth should be the same but your problems may start with the difference between the front of the hood and the firewall to hood front length...........I'd be checking all 4 mopar brands to see whether there is an alligator style hood with the Chrysler length then see if the lower front "dip" on the Plymouth hood can be made to work with the other style hood, then use the "dip" to locate the Plymouth grille shell and see where the shell sits in relation to the Chrysler fenders...............and so on.............I had both a 1941 Plymouth and a 1940 Dodge at the same time, the Plymouth being a Detroit factory export car assembled in South Africa and the Dodge being an Australian assembled export car based on the 1940 Plymouth.........having them together enabled me to see a range of differences and similarities so what you are asking about strikes a cord with me............if you do get the Plymouth grille installed take a look at the correct 1940 Dodge front bumper as it follows the shape of the 1940 Dodge lower grille(my car used the 1940 Plymouth bumper) and may also help the front end styling.........have attached a front end pic of my brown 1940 Dodge sedan, and a pic of both my maroon 1941 Plymouth Coupe and a mates green 1940 Dodge Coupe.....interesting to see the various changes & similarities..............regards, andyd      

P1000700 (800x600).jpg

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Looking at the 2 pics of the 40 Dodges the US cars grille looks no way near as wide as the one in my car..... tho' I was sure that the actual grilles were the same size ........weird thing is that I don't remember ever having my sedan up beside the 40 Coupe that belonged to Lee..........unfortunately his car is no longer around as it was sold a few years ago.....one thing I did notice was that the grille on US cars attached from the front with small screws that inserted between the bars into captive nuts hold the surrounding sheet metal whereas on my 1940 Oz Dodge the grille was held onto the sheetmetal via small screws inserted from the REAR into captive nuts on the actual grille.........the difference is because the US cars grille sheetmetal extends up to and around the "nose" of the car whereas the Oz Dodge being Plymouth based uses the longer Plymouth hood which allows access into the area in front of the radiator ...........more useless info I'm sure...........lol...............andyd