Brake conversion - 47 D24

linenbaugh

I  am redoing my front brakes this winter and like to have a dual cicuit master cylinder ,i have a corvette 1" cylinder which i think will be ok .where can i get a bracket for the pedals .I have stock transmission so i need both brake and clutch pedals.Some years back i saw several places selling brackets complete with mc but i cant find a place to buy it now.please let me know where i can get one.

Best regards Anders

9 minutes ago, linenbaugh said:

I  am redoing my front brakes this winter and like to have a dual cicuit master cylinder ,i have a corvette 1" cylinder which i think will be ok .where can i get a bracket for the pedals .I have stock transmission so i need both brake and clutch pedals.Some years back i saw several places selling brackets complete with mc but i cant find a place to buy it now.please let me know where i can get one.

Best regards Anders

The only one I am aware of that doesn't make you use a booster is available from Shoebox Central,a outfit that specializes in 49-51 Ford parts. Since it is set up to work with the original Ford brake pedal that goes through the floor and the bracket has to be welded to the crossmember anyway,I don't see why you couldn't make it work on your Mopar.

Anyhow,here it is. Give it a look. Maybe even give them a call to ask them if they know of anyone that used their kit on a Mopar,and what,if any modifications did they have to make.

http://shoebox-central.com/1949-1950-1951-ford-deluxe-dual-reservoir-master-cylinder-conversion-kit

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

I purchased my setup for the 49 Wayfarer Conv. From ECI. Very happy with their product

7 minutes ago, Branded said:

I purchased my setup for the 49 Wayfarer Conv. From ECI. Very happy with their product

Are you still running drum brakes up front,or disc brakes?

20 minutes ago, Branded said:

Disc

Thanks. That makes a difference. The kit I mentioned from Shoebox Central works with disc or drum brakes,and doesn't have a booster. Drum brakes are pretty much a thing of the past these days. Even the web pages of antique parts dealers sometimes list rear brake shoes,but not front ones.

I will switch over to disc brakes once I run out of drums to turn because it's now cheaper to buy disc brakes than drum brakes,but for the type of driving I do drum brakes work just fine.

1 hour ago, knuckleharley said:

Thanks. That makes a difference. The kit I mentioned from Shoebox Central works with disc or drum brakes,and doesn't have a booster. Drum brakes are pretty much a thing of the past these days. Even the web pages of antique parts dealers sometimes list rear brake shoes,but not front ones.

I will switch over to disc brakes once I run out of drums to turn because it's now cheaper to buy disc brakes than drum brakes,but for the type of driving I do drum brakes work just fine.

I'm not running a booster, disc with manual master cylinder using original pedals

Edited by Branded

2 hours ago, Branded said:

I'm not running a booster, disc with manual master cylinder using original pedals

Thanks. I must have missed that one when I looked at the TCI page.

Any problems with the installation or the system?

7 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Thanks. I must have missed that one when I looked at the TCI page.

Any problems with the installation or the system?

ECI is who I bought the master cylinder and bracket set up from nad everything went smooth. The disc brake kit was from Scaebird, I had some concern with the grease seals as far a sealing properly but I has not been an issue. 

32 minutes ago, Branded said:

ECI is who I bought the master cylinder and bracket set up from nad everything went smooth. The disc brake kit was from Scaebird, I had some concern with the grease seals as far a sealing properly but I has not been an issue. 

Thanks!

Thanks for your replies, i will see if they can sell just the bracket . I live in sweden and the master cylinder will add weight and size and make the shipping expensive.Usps has rised their charges on international postage during the last two or three years ,when i started restoring 6 years ago it was fairly cheap to get stuff shipped over here.

Thanks

Anders

56 minutes ago, linenbaugh said:

Thanks for your replies, i will see if they can sell just the bracket . I live in sweden and the master cylinder will add weight and size and make the shipping expensive.Usps has rised their charges on international postage during the last two or three years ,when i started restoring 6 years ago it was fairly cheap to get stuff shipped over here.

Thanks

Anders

Every shipper in the US has raised their rates the last few years. Fuel prices and forced hire of AA employees who are actually excess to the job are why.