Old and newer

JIPJOBXX

I have had my Dodge for almost 28 years and she is just part of my life.  Now I have second car to Cruse in and it’s sort of fits this senior citizen.  It’s a 1979 Mercury Cougar with 69,000 original miles!  I sort of stole it at an auction two weeks ago for 1400 dollars!  It was owned by a little old lady and she has had it since new. The reason for selling this beautiful old car was she had sold her home and moved into a retirement  home.  I was surprised that I got the car as I really thought this old lead slead would go for allot more but the bidding stopped at 1400 and the gavel came down and I won the car.  This car needs nothing as she always kept it up even to having a new installed  radiator installed.  So now my old Dodge is strictly for car shows and the new old car is for cruising around in.  Only thing wrong is this old tank has a 302 engine and is almost as slow as old Cowdodge.  Jon

9ECA004B-B5A8-42A2-9135-64959BBC88B5.jpeg

94A39EF3-2153-4FC0-8207-EF228B0B4B67.jpeg

272A741F-539D-4FF6-8348-5D7AE3D13D89.jpeg

That's a nice buy and a good price.  I also admire the Fords from the 70s, as I have had many over the years.  My favorite was a 1977 Lincoln Mark V with 67,000 original miles that I bought back in 1992 after I got out of the service.  It had the 460 in it, and was such a nice running and driving rust free car.  Its long gone now.  I also had an awesome 74 Lincoln with the 460, and a 78 Mercury Marquis with a 351 that I got for $150 and it ran perfect and hadn't a rip or scratch on the interior.  I've even thought about tracking down a Country Squire station wagon (my parents had one) just for the fun of it.  There was two of them on CL recently, not too far from me.  

Have fun with it! :)

Don't stop cruising the old Dodge, cruise them all for different reasons - it's more fun!

Wagon with boats.jpg

A with Bike.jpg

Dodge at church.jpg

• Like 2

Once I finish my 1938 Plymouth.  I will enjoy all what the 201 can deliver.  But my 1969 Valiant, it's all about going fast!  I respect and cherish the difference between the old and the new-er cars.  Both have purpose, and both bring me a lot of joy.  

And I am the guy who builds them...  Even better!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at adding a 66 LTD to my collection also.  While I love my old Mopars, I also love the ease at which a 352 will cruise down the highway and it reminds me of my 66 Galaxie 2dr hardtop that I had in college.

• 4 weeks later...