50 Ply Suburban door hinge question

Texaswino

I recently purchased a 1950 Suburban in relatively good condition. The drivers door has a loose upper hinge pivot and I am about to source another hinge. I understand a 4 door rear hinge is the same and usually in good condition because of less use. My question is what other Mopars share the same hinge?  Dodge, Chrysler, Desoto? 1949- ?????

thanks in advance

Dave 

I haven't located it yet after moving but I've got a 51 all mopar parts book. That should show you at least for 51. Send me a PM if I don't answer you in a day or two. 

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the pins themselves were the same not the hinge have you taken the  hinge out of the door and removed the pin. There are plenty of replacement pins that may need some minor work to fit. I replaced the tail gate hinge pins when I had them plated and the pins were a standard diameter that I made from stainless round stock and knurled the ends

image.jpeg

On 10/20/2017 at 7:59 AM, Texaswino said:

recently purchased a 1950 Suburban in relatively good condition. The drivers door has a loose upper hinge pivot and I am about to source another hinge. I understand a 4 door rear hinge is the same and usually in good condition because of less use. My question is what other Mopars share the same hinge?  Dodge, Chrysler, Desoto? 1949- ?????

On 10/20/2017 at 7:59 AM, Texaswino said:

My 1949 and 1950 part books shows that for your 50 Sub. the Only the front door- top and bottom hinges from Plymouths of those years (later I do not know)  from 2 dr. ,4 dr., 3 cpe., club cpe,., conv. cpe. are they same.

Compare your top and bottom hinges, if I remember right they are the same.

Hope that is of help in your search,

DJ

Only the equivalent hinge from a 49 or 50 Plymouth will fit.  Upper and lower are different.  The rears are certainly different.

The pin from your $45 hinge may fit.   I would be inclined to have someone with a good drill press bore the hole and fit an oversize pin.

1 hour ago, dpollo said:

I would be inclined to have someone with a good drill press bore the hole and fit an oversize pin.

Very much what I did to all four of my 50 suburban  door hinges.

DJ