New 1950 dodge Truck to me

Go to solution Solved by Plymouthy Adams,

Before doing anything else, throw the plastic line were it belongs! In the garbage!

Use steel line inside the cab thru the firewall and then a rubber line at the motor for vibration.

I believe a compression type barrel and nut is used at the gauge but it has been years since I did that and can no longer get under a dash to look.

Hope someone will chime in with the correct connection.

DJ

Edited by DJ194950

• 2 weeks later...

OK.....I need to know if anyone has got the run around from the company "Bed Wood and parts" I am beyond ready to blow my top.....wrong holes drilled,Chevy washers,Chevy bolt kit, cracked boards.....3 months wait on wood and now all this ..... wondering if this is seen by all members..... thanks Steve

3 hours ago, 5027 steve said:

OK.....I need to know if anyone has got the run around from the company "Bed Wood and parts" I am beyond ready to blow my top.....wrong holes drilled,Chevy washers,Chevy bolt kit, cracked boards.....3 months wait on wood and now all this ..... wondering if this is seen by all members..... thanks Steve

You know, Steve, this thread could be intermingled with the cheap Chinese junk thread.  No, wait, this company is in Kentucky--can't blame the Chinese for this one.  

I've been at this car restoration hobby for about 40 years.  The problems you describe have used to happen a lot but now it is some better.  My system is to talk to a live person with the order.  I ask specifically if an item is in stock.  If it is a made to order part (maybe like beds?) then you have a problem.  I pin them down on a shipping date that you both can live with.  I insist on a tracking number on that date.  If the date comes and goes without a response I will contact them.  If you get the runaround then your options are these:  you can wait for them to get around to it or you  you can cancel your order and request a refund on your card.  If that does not happen in 4 or 5 days you can dispute it with your credit card company.  It does take longer for a refund to show up on a credit card statement than a debit.   All of this is better with credit cards--we used to have to try to get money back from a company after they have my money order.  Lots easier now

In your situation you should call them and offer them the choice: refund the card or they can take it up with the credit card company.  Tell them that if they want their stuff back they need to send a call ticket for a pre-paid ride back to the company.  These types of businesses often do not stock these items.  I know that it would be unreasonable to expect them to drop everything and get your order out tomorrow.  Three months is longer than I would wait especially if they told me one month.  Split wood, drilled wrong, wrong items?  That's on them and, in my mind, a deal breaker.  If they were a reputable company they would not have sent out split wood.

Go elsewhere.

Edited by lonejacklarry

15 hours ago, 5027 steve said:

Do a search for "Bed Wood and Parts" (with the quores). You will fin some interesting information, like:

The problem I have ,I asked if this is done in house and per order .....the salesman assured me it was,They will not refund me or uncharge by card...also I was paying for the bed to be predrilled and the only drilling that was done is for the main mounting bolts nothing else was done ...... thanks Steve

Head quarters are  not too impressive....

Bed Wood and Parts.PNG

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...