New 1950 dodge Truck to me

Go to solution Solved by Plymouthy Adams,

You found the best place.  Just check my advice very closely. Charlie Stephenson

THANKS

12 minutes ago, Larry Leibhart said:

The X behind the serial number means it was an early production B2B from Aug through Oct of 1949. It was built in Detroit not California.  There was six body colors Armour Yellow, Granite Gray, Red, Dark Green, Deep Blue and Black.

Ok here goes, Back in the the 50's they didn't have cell phones but they did have clipboards,. They hung them there so they could text while they drive. Seriously though, all jokes aside, the only thing I can think of that you may be refer to as a hook may be the one to each side of the mirror that the sun visor would tuck into.

That has to be something a previous owner added, My 1950 B2B didn't have anything above the Steering column. I browsed the parts manual I have and there wasn't anything I could reference  the would come close to what you have described thus far. The picture would remove any ambiguity.

37 minutes ago, johnsartain said:

Ok here goes, Back in the the 50's they didn't have cell phones but they did have clipboards,. They hung them there so they could text while they drive. Seriously though, all jokes aside, the only thing I can think of that you may be refer to as a hook may be the one to each side of the mirror that the sun visor would tuck into.

Nope the visor had no hook.  An owner add on.

16 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

Nope the visor had no hook.  An owner add on.

Ok, They did look out of place. I know they were on mine but was sure about if they belonged without having ever seen the inside of another 1950 B2B. I got to looking for the ones I took off, but it appears I am missing them at the moment. They appeared to be more like the garment rod hangers they put centered over the door of passenger cars. I guess there may have been a problem with the sun visor sagging, ther reason they were put there.