Fuel sending unit

Brent B3B

Has anyone successfully restored the  tank fuel sending unit? The one in my B4 still moves but, the screw connected to the wire is stripped and frozen to the nut on the inside.

image.jpg.cb3b2cffff5559b437c90e5af0cad3da.jpg

I don't want to bugger it up trying to replace it.

• 5 months later...

The tank unit in my 52 Fargo was hopelessly ruined. I had a nos tank  unit for a 54 Plymouth  so I cut the float arm from it and from my 52 Fargo.  I welded the float arms together so it matched what the truck  needed. My gauge now works perfectly.   If fate intervenes I will eventually get another 54 Plymouth which will (of course) need a tank unit.

Removal of the inner cover often knocks off the resistance cone which is well nigh impossible to repair.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

All of the 6v fuel senders I have were worn. I ended up using a 12v tank (has different sender & fitting to 6v) in the 6v 52 truck and had a 12v sender modified to suit. My gauge fella reckoned it was a pain as the sender internals at the top of the arm worked in the opposite direction, so he hand-made a small brass cog to suit. I installed a later model plastic float and have set the arm to read empty with an inch of fuel left in the tank.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use