The Lowered Stance Picture and Build Thread

55 Fargo

Thrifty...........nice car, 1 coil will suit it well, lower but not scraping the ground................also like your Windsor running board front chromed cap, I found a pair on a basket case 1940 Chrysler here in Oz 40 yrs ago and recognised the same running board shape as the same as that on my Oz 1940 Dodge, had them rechromed, they are brass and came up a treat.......very few people here in Oz have ever seen a pair & I get asked what they are from............regards, andyd

P1000813 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1

I've fitted 1 1/2" blocks to the rear, for a mild 'speedboat stance'.
Comparison to the 'before' shot shows how the nose is now riding very slightly higher, so I am planning a subtle 1/2"-3/4" drop at the front, to complete the look.

Lowered lowres.jpg

Standard.jpg

Edited by Robin (UK)
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2017 at 6:18 PM, scotty t said:

Dropped uprights relocated spring pocket on lower a arm, posies drop springs and blocks, oh and about a million pounds of Chrysler hemi

IMG_3781.JPG

Do you have any pictures of the relocated spring pocket?

38 minutes ago, 40desoto said:

Do you have any pictures of the relocated spring pocket?

Not sure if this shows enough, basically the spring pocket sits on top of the control arm, just move it to the bottom.

169.JPG

Edited by scotty t
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!  Cant see the spring pocket but I can see your modified sway bar.  Im gonna post a thread regarding my fatman dropped uprights and the location of my front shocks.

7 minutes ago, 40desoto said:

Thank you!  Cant see the spring pocket but I can see your modified sway bar.  Im gonna post a thread regarding my fatman dropped uprights and the location of my front shocks.

Relocated spring pockets and Moog Aerostar springs.

i think it gave me about a 2” drop.

56C725B8-7F7D-4FC9-B16F-ADC19B31C3B8.jpeg

My 47 DeSoto Custom Suburban, in 2009.  The back end seemed a little high, which would make sense for a hauler like this, for up to 9 passengers (a squeeze) and luggage, from the train station to the resort hotel.  I added 2-inch lowering blocks, to level the car for my uses.  

1795292896_1947DeSotoSuburban.JPG.d0af57a2afd7d678d6700eab8fbf819e.JPG

"After' shot to follow.

• Like 2