Not just your common UNI-SYN

T120

This, "Vintage Original Automobiles Carb Part in box", appears to have been sold today on Ebay for the tidy sum of $305. USD. :huh:

59bdfdc64f04b_VintageOriginalAutomobilesCarbPartinbox.jpg.e9677ae6f0ac58f330f5e6e17f08bcb6.jpg

Too often someone goes berserk bidding too high, when the item can be had for lots less elsewhere, or at a different time on . eBay. Chances are there will be many carb sync. meters for sale now that one went too high. Just wait & you should be able to get one reaonably. In a pinch i used a rubber hose to listen to the air flow differences between the carbs.  Better yet, go to a medical uniform store & buy the cheapest sthescope they have with the longest length tube (single tube-not double tube) Then cut off the bell end leaving as much tubeing as you can on the end. . When done tuning carbs, stick a nail into the end of the sthescope tube & you have a engine noise locator. 

Jeez I just bought one in as new unused condition (NOS) for under $23.00.

A real one not the new ones being sold.

UniSyn.PNG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Jeez I just bought one in as new unused condition (NOS) for under $23.00.

A real one not the new ones being sold.

Certainly a more realistic price, and about the same as what I paid for mine as I recall.:)

I had a matched pair that was swiped in the great tool theft of 1982, along with a matched set of 4 Stewart Warner vacuum gages. This made me into a bitter old man far ahead of my time.

• 4 weeks later...

They still make them, I bought one from sears back about 1980 to balance the carbs in my MG Midget.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Edelbrock-4025-Uni-Syn-Carburetor-Synchronizing-Tool,267.html  for $29.99