Devendra

Hi, I need advice on the interior colors in the passenger cabin of 1946-48  Chrysler Windsor.

My car sports a medium blue color on the exterior and still retains the original paint. The interior has same medium blue, probably Newport Blue, on the inside roof, trunk side etc.

I want to change the exterior color to Pastorale Green ,correct for the year and need to know if these cars had same interior color as the exterior or had different color like GM cars of the era?

If they had different color on the interior , what were those? 

Please help.

Dev

In most all cases green exterior cars would be green cloth and green plastic inside.

The DATA plate on the firewall confirms paint and upholstery for the car as originally equipped.

Doing a interior change of color requires a change of plastic too... very difficult to find all the pieces in nice condition... especially the glove box door.

19 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

In most all cases green exterior cars would be green cloth and green plastic inside.

The DATA plate on the firewall confirms paint and upholstery for the car as originally equipped.

Doing a interior change of color requires a change of plastic too... very difficult to find all the pieces in nice condition... especially the glove box door.

Thanks for the input but I need information regarding the color on the metal inside the cabin, mostly covered by cloth like the inner side of the roof or under the dash board, trunk area etc. 

Body color overspray around doors.....

Special Gray green on the inside of the trunk area and boy and under side floor pan.

There has never been an exact source for the name/formula for this color.

It has been brought up a few times before on different sites.

Ed Wong in manitoba canada is the one to look to to find out Chrysler details that are not to be found.

As for this color to match...usually the floor pan underside or under the trunk lid will show this color.on an original car.

Barbee C38 Under carriage copy.JPG

4 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

As for this color to match...usually the floor pan underside or under the trunk lid will show this color.on an original car.

explains why the inside of the trunk lid does not match the out side on my 51 cranbrook.

I assumed it might have been replaced early in its life, since dad did say he slid on the snow and had to replace one rear finder.

1 hour ago, LazyK said:

explains why the inside of the trunk lid does not match the out side on my 51 cranbrook.

I assumed it might have been replaced early in its life, since dad did say he slid on the snow and had to replace one rear finder.

The trunk lids of Evansville-built Plymouths were body color inside and out (at least the P23's...)