What transmission is this

Jj1981

I don't believe you'll be able to convert that trans to a floor shift unit. If that's what you want, find a 3 speed trans from a '49 or earlier truck. It would nearly be a direct swap. 

I can't tell by the picture if it has Fluid Drive. Are there badges on the hood? If it does have FD then your options are limited... 

I think I have that transmissions sister.  Fluid drive the bellhousing is different and much deeper, the front shaft of the trans needs to be about a foot long to reach the pilot shaft bushing on crank. Pretty sure you would be able to look at the bellhousing and tell if it was a fluid drive. Mine is not fluid drive.

I had a post here on the forum about my trans, is in my 1952 B2B parts truck. I know the truck is a column shift, I thought I had a top loader trans installed.

I do not have nor have seen the top that you have. So in theory, looks like you could find the top part of a 3 speed top loader and bolt it on and make it a floor shift.

In my thread, I was told Fred told hank that Tom tried this once, and it did not work. Would not shift properly.

But it might be possible to fabricate it so it would work. Maybe with the combination of your shift forks and a top loader shifter?

I have no first hand experience working on these transmissions. Just a guess that it will not be a simple bolt on solution.

I would probably spend some time cleaning up what you have, make it operational. Will be able to use it while you search for another solution.

Without the top of that transmission, all you have is a bucket of parts like me.

59a5aaf8e81e6_a120.jpg.10856744b90f77c1f81a6ccfd88d1935.jpg

i have a buddy that has several trucks on his farm in the woods that have top loader transmissions but due to my unrelenting disgust for rattelsnakes and all snakes in general i am waiting until it gets cold to go in the briars again.  if it was fluid drive how would i tell the there is nothing but this transmission and then the bellhousing thanks again

That  transmission was found in Canadian trucks from 48 onward, using a column shift. The cover, which operates as a post and selector can be replaced with the cover of three speed light trucks 39 to 47 giving you a floor shift.  This held true up to 57 around here, but I know US models are different.