1952 Dodge B3B radiator petcock

Watash

Would just be a standard American threads, assuming pipe threads. But I do not know what size they are. Home depot right off of Montano has them in their plumbing department.

And so would just about any other home depot ... is a brass petcock.

Is there something wrong with the one you have? usually clean up and work well, believe they are left handed threads to open them.

47 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

any auto parts store or even a good hardware store should be able to get one

A new auto parts store opened a few years back that is close to where I lived. I know they hired qualified people as they hired the girl who used to work at the corner gas station/convenience store and I know she had a vast amount of technical automotive experience. I learned just how knowledgeable she was one day when I told her I needed a new petcock.:D She promptly called the manager and he walked to the shelf, grabbed one, and handed it to me.

19.jpg

As it turns out, my radiator was replaced back in 1994.  It looks good but must not be original equipment.  This explains the metric size.

Mine does not have the hood on the radiator. I just need to figure out what it came out of.

Edited by Watash

Don, they pulled that on me at O'Reilly Auto so to speak. I asked the guy fora radiator petcock and an engine petcock. one is 1/4' npt and the other is 1.8" npt. He insisted on year make and model, good luck on parts for a 1950 B2B  at O'Reilly. Said the computer didn't show one and they couldn't help me if it's not on the computer. So, no such thing as a real parts person anymore. I got on Amazon and looked one up from Dorman in like 15 seconds, sheesh!

• Like 1