comedtech63

Hello everyone

I need to do floor work on my  1940 dodge business coupe , the work will include making braces , rocker panel work and a lot of bends

I have been interested in getting the swag offroad  heavy duty finger brake to use in my shop press , just wondering if anyone has any experience in using this set up ?

MD4WW5VA

it that was a link to the tool...could not open it to view your proposed purchase.....

I have a 2 foot brake for small stuff, an 8 foot brake for the larger panels.....bead roller, with 7 dies including shears...shinker/stretcher beater bag and lots and lots of hammers and couple hand brakes and the ole oxygen acetylene heat forming tool.....still not enough but so far I have gotten by with this...maybe not time effective but not in the business to make money...

2 hours ago, comedtech63 said:

Hello everyone

I need to do floor work on my  1940 dodge business coupe , the work will include making braces , rocker panel work and a lot of bends

I have been interested in getting the swag offroad  heavy duty finger brake to use in my shop press , just wondering if anyone has any experience in using this set up ?

MD4WW5VA

Something wrong with that link.

Plymouth Adams

very nice brake , but just don't have  the space for that size   and I  like the idea of having the fingers to make pans and also like the heavy duty capacity for brackets

thanks

the bracket ability I would like also.....so far I just keep a good stock of different angle iron and build from that...I have a metal shop in the next town over.....if it is on the floor and I am talking heavy clutter here...pick it up, combine all the stock you care for....weight and pay....excellent for me as I do not have to buy x lengths..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I have YET to make a rocker panel with the brake I built......I have used it to flash all the exposed wood on the barn in galvanized metal, built my barn doors and bending/cross hatching  my metal when installing my home AC unit, even used it to make my spillways for my driveway culvert ....in time I will use it for the cars..

• Like 1