Better than expected mpg

DLK

We took a 305 mile round trip to Northwestern Wisconsin with the Wayfarer today.   It ran great and I had no trouble keeping up with traffic.  I only hit 70 once but cruised easily at 62-65 when I could.  I guess the amount of driving on county roads and state highways at lower speeds must have helped my mileage.  By my calculation I got over 18 mpg for the trip.  It was a perfect day for a car without a/c - cloudy much of the day with temps around 70 but without rain. :)   I still am bothered with that chattering clutch when taking off but haven't tried any remedies yet. At least it is only a problem when starting out from a stop

Wayfarer near Minong 7-2017.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kope49 said:

We took a 305 mile round trip to Northwestern Wisconsin with the Wayfarer today.   It ran great and I had no trouble keeping up with traffic.  I only hit 70 once but cruised easily at 62-65 when I could.  I guess the amount of driving on county roads and state highways at lower speeds must have helped my mileage.  By my calculation I got over 18 mpg for the trip.  It was a perfect day for a car without a/c - cloudy much of the day with temps around 70 but without rain. :)   I still am bothered with that chattering clutch when taking off but haven't tried any remedies yet. At least it is only a problem when starting out from a stop

Wayfarer near Minong 7-2017.jpg

If I didn't know better I'd say you are about 2 blocks from my parents cabin!

• Like 1

Dad had one of those a 49. It is the first car I have memory of.  I also remember him keeping a note pad above the sun visor where he logged gas fill ups and oil use, and grease jobs.  I remember him talking about 15 mpg for daily use, and 18/19 when we went on trips.  I do recall him being very happy when after a tune up and new tires we got 20 mpg on a trip from Syracuse to Buffalo and back to a5end a relative's wedding.

• Like 2

love the dodge- got 20 mpg from tampa to Atlanta with dual carbs and dual exhaust and overdive on my 218 bored .040