Triple carbs for 23" block?

Kiwicranbrook

Sure. They are hard to find and ones with 40's and 50's "names" tend to be a little pricey,though. One of the members on this  list makes new ones out of tubing,and makes headers,too.

Don't even think about trying to run one of the  3x2 intakes on a street flat 6,though. They are only good for use on dedicated race engines.  Stick with the 3x1 intakes and you will be fine.

There were also 2x2 intakes made. I have one by Edmunds.

http://www.manifoldsbymoose.com/

George Asche and friends in Pennsylvania operate as "aok" racing on YouTube.  Watch the video of them tuning their proprietary 3 carb flathead dragster.  Pretty cool. Mr. Asche is awesome and focuses on flathead mopars.   He make the aok manifold .   Good luck , Mike 

George Asche should be able to make you a triple carb intake from s stock manifold.

He rebuilds carbs and makes great linkage sets As Well as splitting exhaust manifolds.

Contact Tim Kingsbury on this forum via PM

Edited by 55 Fargo Spitfire

Also check with Earl Edgerton, Edgy Speed Shop in California......not sure but he may do a triple intake.........andyd

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:49 AM, knuckleharley said:

Sure. They are hard to find and ones with 40's and 50's "names" tend to be a little pricey,though. One of the members on this  list makes new ones out of tubing,and makes headers,too.

Don't even think about trying to run one of the  3x2 intakes on a street flat 6,though. They are only good for use on dedicated race engines.  Stick with the 3x1 intakes and you will be fine.

There were also 2x2 intakes made. I have one by Edmunds.

http://www.manifoldsbymoose.com/

Can you provide any picture or evidence of a 23 1/2" triple ever made by any "names" in the 40s or 50s from a commercial standpoint.   I most certainly never saw one. The 2 x 2 barrel intakes from Edmunds were one of his earlier generations intake and Edmunds stopped making those in the later years as they had terrible flow characteristics. 

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:09 AM, Andydodge said:

Also check with Earl Edgerton, Edgy Speed Shop in California......not sure but he may do a triple intake.........andyd

he doesn't. his dual started as the offy or fenton which he improved. it really is too bad he didn't start with the "gold standard" which was the Edmunds.

Kiwicranbrook -  If you want  a Triple George Asche makes them for the small block engines from stock intakes.

DSCN0840.jpg.c7ebb8fb90b6ae3dafbb78da658042f1.jpg

Edited by 50plymouth
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, 50plymouth said:

Can you provide any picture or evidence of a 23 1/2" triple ever made by any "names" in the 40s or 50s from a commercial standpoint.   I most certainly never saw one. The 2 x 2 barrel intakes from Edmunds were one of his earlier generations intake and Edmunds stopped making those in the later years as they had terrible flow characteristics. 

I stand corrected. I finally found time to get out to the shop and dig my stuff out this afternoon,and both the 3x1 Edmunds Racing and the 3x1 Nicson I have are for the 25 inch blocks. I was thinking the Edmunds Racing 3x1 was for the smaller blocks,but the tape measure proved me wrong.