Front & Rear Quarter Vent Windows 46 Chrysler Desoto

Zoran

Hi to all,

I am in Australia and trying to track down Front & Rear Quarter Vent Window Rubbers for a 46 Chrysler Desoto Special Deluxe SP15CS.

This is the export model which is the same as the Canadian Dodge D25 or a Plymouth P15.

I am also after brake & clutch rubber pedal dust boots.

I have an Ebay store so am familiar with most sellers/suppliers on there but they are mostly either very expensive or can not guarantee that their parts will fit.

Any help would be appreciated.

SAM_9728.JPG

SAM_9730.JPG

Zoran, I'm assuming your car is TJ Richards built judging by the external door hinges showing in both pics, the US/Canadian cars did not have external hinges after 1939.........lol........also where do your front 1/4 vents pivot?..........lower pivot right in the corner and upper pivot at the rear of the 1/4 vent?............have attached a couple of pics of my Oz TJ Richards built 1940 Dodge....is your body shell the same with 2 rear windows?........if so then welcome to the club.......lol.........USA sourced front 1/4 vent rubber is the right width BUT the molded holes and seal area is different as the US vents pivot directly above/below each other, I know as I had a US factory export Sth African built RHD 1941 Plymouth Coupe, which had the correct US body, vents, doors etc( see pic) ..........notice how the division between the 1/4 vent and window edge is vertical NOT angled like yours and mine......  so the US front 1/4 rubber is not quite right...lol..........I know as I ordered a pair 2yrs ago, an expensive way to learn..........anyway I had the rear 1/4 windows on my car sealed shut 40 yrs ago(I've had it since 1971, lol) as back then I couldn't get anything remotely suitable to allow them to work as original but things are a little different now via the net but anyway why not give me a call, I'm in Sth Grafton NSW and available anytime up to about 10pm, daytime from 8am, I'm sort of "retired'.....lol.............I talk better than I type............02 66 425 963.............Andy Douglas  

P1000672.JPG

P1000671.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

Zoran, yep its an Oz body shell........forgot they changed the rear windows to one piece but it has the outside hinges, straight 1/4 vent pivots and the same rear body boot lid as mine..........and as indicated the Plymouth body shell.........nice looking car btw...........andyd

Zoran...........have been trying to send a PM to you but its not working...can you send one to me..........have a bit of info re what you want and would rather speak to you.....PM your phone number & best time for me to call........btw are you the guy that asked me about the rear 1/4 window garnish moldings a couple of months ago?............Andy Douglas

gday Zoran i had to make mine from an extrusion from Peter Jackson rub ber it came with both sides and you cut off the side you didnt need . At work at moment will try and post pics later tonight cheers gareth

Sorry i havent got back before now just got back in the shed here is a couple of pictures of  vent rubers there is also a place called scotts old auto rrubber in Melbourne they supply the rubber as well be sure it isfor TJ richards body 

20170718_201942.jpg

Hi Gareth, Thankyou for the pics...you did a good job...I will call Scotts and see if they have original aftermarket rubber. Cheers, Zoran

On 13/07/2017 at 9:43 AM, Andydodge said:

Zoran...........have been trying to send a PM to you but its not working...can you send one to me..........have a bit of info re what you want and would rather speak to you.....PM your phone number & best time for me to call........btw are you the guy that asked me about the rear 1/4 window garnish moldings a couple of months ago?............Andy Douglas

Hi Andy, Sorry have not been on this site for a few days...too many bloody sites...lol...I would like to have a chat and will call you over the next couple of days...Cheers