What kind of Mopar is my mom and grandmother standing next to?

medium_jon

This photo is of my mother, at age 10 in 1942, and her mother. I'm pretty sure it is a Mopar in the 1940-41 era. Can anyone identify it so I can document this for future generations of the family?

521088923.994790.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a 1940 Chrysler but I'm going by the chromed "cap" that you can just see at the front edge of the running board where it meets the trailing edge of the front fender, as far as I know Chrysler for 1940 was the only year that they had that chromed cap, also the badge on the trunk looks like a Chrysler one but not 100% certain.......I'd be very interested if anyone has seen that running board capping on any other 1940 mopars.........I pinched a pair of these cappings off a basketcase 1940 Chrysler many years ago to use on my 1940 Dodge and have not seen another set here in Oz in 40 yrs and only in pics of some but not all 1940 US Chryslers.........btw Jon, that's a very nice family photo...........regards, andyd.Andy Douglas  

@Andydodge, @dpollo, and @Ricky Luke: Thank you all for identifying the car for me. I appreciate it.  I'd like your post, but I'm out of likes for the day (10 max). 

As per the model, hmm. I think I should have some books that might give me a hint. Thanks again.