Best engine

JOHN EDGE

Took the suburban down to Sarasota Florida for the gran prix of off shore boat race and they also have a custom car show raising money for children's charities in Sarasota county. Well attended show and nice cars.  Lots of high horsepower vehicles- super birds/vipers/vettes/boss 429/etc.  low and behold my little flat head six won best engine

image.jpeg

• Like 6

The small vent filter mounted to the firewall is a vent for the block drip tube .

took the tube off the block fitting and mounted a #8 fitting and #8 hose to the

puck tank. Didn't like the oil drips with the factory set up.  Works for me

image.jpeg

Thanks for all the kind words. This wagon has really been a blast taking to shows and getting everyone approval means a lot 

WOW. Taking the flathead out and replacing it with a V8, to me, is akin to taking the lead singer out of a barbershop quartet! 

Show us the wagon.

Edited by pflaming

3 minutes ago, pflaming said:

WOW. Taking the flathead out and replacing it with a V8, to me, is akin to taking the lead singer out of a barbershop quartet! 

Show us the wagon.

Um where are you seeing a V8???

Paul.......and whats wrong with a V8?......a mopar V8.........lol..........nah, all good, I know exactly what you mean...........and John.......I especially like the Fulton Visor, that's a 1000 Series which are not that common I have been told and exactly the same as I had on my 1941 Plymouth, I ended up making a much stronger centre bracket & clamp............also like your umbrella option.........lol.....will go sit in my corner now.......lol...........that really is a damn nice car, engine, colour, stance.....perfect...............regards, Andy Douglas

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

Thanks Paul. Paid dearly for that Fulton visor but knew it was the one when I saw it 

its aluminum and was in perfect condition

17 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Paul.......and whats wrong with a V8?......a mopar V8.........lol..........nah, all good, I know exactly what you mean...........and John.......I especially like the Fulton Visor, that's a 1000 Series which are not that common I have been told and exactly the same as I had on my 1941 Plymouth, I ended up making a much stronger centre bracket & clamp............also like your umbrella option.........lol.....will go sit in my corner now.......lol...........that really is a damn nice car, engine, colour, stance.....perfect...............regards, Andy Douglas

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

You wouldn't happen to have a print or a sketch of that support would you?

Silverdome............nope, just fitted the visor onto the car and as it came from a guy on this forum who used it on a 48 Plymouth I didn't change any width measurements but angled it a few degrees down then measured up a paper template and cut 2 pieces of around 22 gauge stainless steel and as you can see bent them at about 45 degrees out then about 120 degrees back towards each other......it was about 2-3" wide but had no exact dimensions kept.........I had to loosen off the inside centre bar screws a little bit and then was able to gently push the bent 120 degree edges just behind the centre bar...........so that the new bracket bolts etc looked o/k I used small pieces of 1/4" allthread and put chromed acorn nuts on both sides so that it looked o/k.........also I kept the grey undercoat colour on the bottom of the visor as the interior upholstery was a grey colour and when you looked out from inside the grey primer colour blended into the look quite well,....... as you can see I also polished the alloy end brackets that this type of visor used, I personally think these are a much prettier design then those "plank" style visors that just seem to look like a lump of wood floating above the windscreen.........lol..............it was MUCH stronger than the original flimsy brackets that the visor came with........I remembered reading a couple of posts on here from members who had visors that flipped back over the car roof when a truck went past or just decided to go visit the rear window instead.........as these visors were never sold here and are VERY expensive if found I treated the one I had as gold......lol.............hope this helps a bit..............Andy Douglas.